cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP doesnt change and speed has dropped

AlexCanham
Dabbler

IP doesnt change and speed has dropped

My line disconnected and was unavailable all day, which was ok when I was at work. I reboot the equipment when I get home but notice the speed has dropped from 16Mb to 9Mb. I have sometimes noticed decreases like this before and a quick reconnection normally pops me on a different subnet and the speed is back to normal. Now, however, a reconnect and even a whole power cycle of the equipment gives me the same IP address over and over and the speed stays decreased.

Ive read previous posts about "New network" and I assume I have been migrated over but can anyone explain or fix the downspeed in my line please?

5 REPLIES 5
AlexCanham
Dabbler

Re: IP doesnt change and speed has dropped

Speed is getting worse (This is FTTC in a big town). Can I please have the ability back to change my IP? I dont like this "New network".

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

It's not possible for us to move you back I'm afraid.

If you're having issues with varying speed I'd recommend raising this here

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

... Now, however, a reconnect and even a whole power cycle of the equipment gives me the same IP address over and over and the speed stays decreased.

Ive read previous posts about "New network" and I assume I have been migrated over but can anyone explain or fix the downspeed in my line please?

Hi

I just checked my IP address, disconnected by request to the router, switched off the router and then back on after about 5 minutes. Now have a totally different IP address.

I had noticed previously that a quick cycle often ended up with the same IP address.

Does this help in any way?

AlexCanham
Dabbler

Thanks Daveplus. I'll give a longer power cycle a go.

AlexCanham
Dabbler

Powered off all equipment for an hour and back on again. Down speed is slightly better, upload is barely better.

Not sure if I can put up with Openreach if I raise a fault so I guess im putting up with what I have.