cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile

Sleepymonster

IP Profile

Hi, my IP profile on my line has dropped for no reason which I can see the BT wholesale speedtest web page shows my IP profile is 70.61Mbps where as the profile was at the maximum of around 77.4Mbps 

My Router sync rate is very good at a Data rate of 80.00/20.00 with a Max data rate of 88856/27692.

I have had FTTC for 7 years now and this is the first time the rate has dropped. Could you request an IP profile reset for me please.

3 REPLIES 3
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: IP Profile

Hi @Sleepymonster,

I'm sorry that your IP profile has dropped and for any inconvenience that this has caused you. I've adjusted this now and your throughput speed should be back to normal after you reboot your router.

Please get back in touch if the IP profile drops again or if there's anything else that you'd like to discuss.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Sleepymonster

Hi thanks for the fast reply, I rebooted the router but the IP profile is still stuck at the same speed, do I have to wait longer for the profile reset to take effect?

Thanks.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting back to us @Sleepymonster.

I'm afraid we can't reset the BTWholesale IP profile as this isn't within our control. I suspect the profile Emily changed was our own connection profile which is completely separate to the BTWholesale one.

I'd recommend monitoring the connection over the next 24 to 48 hours to see if the IP profile goes back up as in some cases there can be a delay

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team