Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile

Bustermagic1
Grafter

IP Profile

Hi all,

I've recently upgraded from Unlimited Fibre to Unlimited Fibre Extra.  My previous IP Profiles were;

• 38mb download
  • 2mb upload

On my old package I used to obtain speeds of 36mb download and 1.7mb upload.  All ok there!

Since upgrading to Extra my IP Profiles are;

• 38mb download
  • 20mb upload

I called Plusnet support to say that I've seen no improvement in download speeds and that I noticed my download IP Profile was still 38mb.  They said that I have to wait ten days to see any speed improvement - I tried to tell them that if my profile hasn't changed then there would be no improvement - I was told that I 'just' have to wait another ten days and call back if there's still a problem.

Is my thinking correct that nothing will change if my profile stays at 38mb and should the download IP profile have changed with the upgrade, as my upload profile did?

I feel like I was fobbed off and now want to check if my thinking was right or wrong?

Thanks,

Dave

12 REPLIES 12
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Re: IP Profile

Is my thinking correct that nothing will change if my profile stays at 38mb and should the download IP profile have changed with the upgrade, as my upload profile did?

You're correct. 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Bustermagic1
Grafter

Thanks for confirming that Smiley

Hopefully a Plusnet staff member will be able to look in to this for me...

Bustermagic1
Grafter

These are my stats.  I normally get 36mb download and about 7 to 8mb upload.3.png2a.jpg1a.jpg

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Bustermagic1,

I'm sorry that your download speed profile hasn't increased following your move to fibre extra. This should have increased automatically. Also there is no ten day training period when it's an upgrade for fibre to fibre extra so it sounds like the agent has got confused about the correct process here. I'm sorry for the poor experience that you had on this call and I'll pass on feedback.

I'm having a bit of trouble finding your account from the information that we have for you. Please can you send me your account username in a private message? If you update this post once you've done that, I'll pick this back up and have a look into this issue for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Bustermagic1
Grafter

Hi Emily,

Thank you for replying to my message.  I managed to get through to another tech support today who confirmed that my connection has been banded and has raised a BT fault ticket.  Also, thank you for passing on the feedback re my call on Monday - my user name is [Removed] if you need to go back to any tickets etc.

Just to give a balanced view - the person I spoke to today [Removed], was very helpful and has got thing moving to resolve the issue.

Thanks again,

Dave

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see)

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi Dave,

Thanks very much for sending your username over. I'm glad to hear that the tech support advisor that you spoke to yesterday was helpful and identified the cause of the issue. Please let us know if you continue to experience any problems with your connection after these changes have gone through.

I've passed on feedback about the poor experience that you had during the call on Monday and I've also passed on some positive feedback about the agent that you spoke to yesterday.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

Looking at the dsl stats here. https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/IP-Profile/m-p/1574255#M82969 I would question whether, even with your profile lifted, you will have a speed increase significant enough to justify the additional cost of the extra package..

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @Bustermagic1

I have checked a back end system which confirms the profile is now 0 - 80Mbps. As this is the case and the sync rate has not increased, we have two options available.

You can downgrade to Unlimited Fibre 40Mbps / 10Mps and we can renegotiate a deal. If you decide this is the best course of action, please call our Customer Options Team directly on 0800 013 2632 or let us know when you are available so we can try and arrange a call back.

The other option would be to complete our broadband diagnostics here. Once complete if you see no improvement, report the issue here then let us know so we can pick it up for you.

Thank you.

Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
Bustermagic1
Grafter

Hi @Jubby,

Strangely a faults agents looked at my connection on Wednesday and said that the line was capped at the exchange and raised a BT fault ticket - now confused, is there a problem or not?

Thanks,

Dave

Baldrick1

My guess is that the profile was set incorrectly but having raised the profile it turns out that the line won’t go above 40 Mbps anyway.

Moderator and Customer

Bustermagic1
Grafter

Hi @Baldrick1,

The faults guy on Wednesday said that the PlusNet system showed 80/20 but still thought it was being capped.  @Jubby didn't mention that he was reporting back on the fault or not?  Once someone confirms that either it was capped/an issue or the line is at capacity then I can make a decision.

The reason I upgraded was that I was on 40/2mb and came out of contract - the current 80/20mb is cheaper than my previous contract, I thought I'd give it a go if I got an extra 10mb download.  If I have to go back to 40/10 then it will be even cheaper Smiley

Thanks,

Dave

Baldrick1

You may be on the up to 80 Mbps service bot the adsl availability data in post 4 shows that your line will only support a maximum speed of 53.7Mbps, whilst it could be as low as 35Mbps and still be considered acceptable by BT. Hence my comment that I doubt that it’s worth paying for the fibre extra option.

Moderator and Customer