Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile reset request

Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

Re: IP Profile reset request

@jab1 

The only mention of a wireless adapter I have read of is a USB one, which I assume was an alternative to the computer in built wireless adapter, so irrelevant apart from demonstrating that it's not the computer at fault. @BlackEagle reported that he previously got a decent connection with a Smrthub so I have suggested using one of those, but to me it sounds like the distance is still on the limit.

@BlackEagle  if you have an Android phone you can download a WiFi sniffer app such as WiFi Analyzer and  see what sort of signal strength you get in different parts on your property. Also compare signals with those from neighbours and use the hub advanced wireless settings to change channel selection from auto to one of the others that is less congested.

I assume that on auto the chennel selector only monitors the signal at the hub location. In my property the hub receives very little signal from neighbours. However in the Living room I am closer to my next door neighbour's hub than my own so I have to manually select a channel clear of his for the best performance.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

BlackEagle
Dabbler

Sure I will have a look into wifi analyzer and report back some results. as i live ina bungalow im  very unlikey to recieve traffic congestion from neighbours, I almost never see their wifi channel on my selected networks.
In relation to the 40m ethernet cable. i am in fact about 7-10m away from the hub. however due to teh way my house is, think of the route like a helix having to start at the front left side and loop right around the house then up the stairs to where im situated. So in actuality im relatively close the router just being connected via ethernet would require going around the entire house (without drilling holes).

None the less i will post the results of the wifi analyzer shortly

BlackEagle
Dabbler

Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

@BlackEagle 

Either you have got the results the wrong way around or there's a problem being too close to the router, which is quite possible. Either way you should be able to connect reliably on channel 10.

It's such a pity that you did not keep yout BT hub as that could have been used.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'