cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile please

IanLangar

IP Profile please

Hello,
I've been getting around 16mb down and just under 2mb up and 16ms to the exchange. In the last week its dropped to 13mb down, still just under 2mb up but the ping to the exchange is now 24ms.
I've got an ECI Modem and I think the cab is ECI as well however I will need to walk down the road to confirm that.
Am I best off asking for a DSLAM reset? I've been swapping over network cables to ensure its nothing this side that's causing the issues and even tried a TP-LINK TD-W9980 with the latest firmware to try and get some line stats.
Thanks
Ian
5 REPLIES 5
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: IP Profile please

Am I best off asking for a DSLAM reset?

Unfortunately this is not something we can do on fibre, to reset a line needs specific actions to have been taken on an engineers visit to resolve a fault and then the reset is put through at that point. We don't have any remote tools to do this.

Your profile is:
0.128M-22.4M Downstream, Interleaving Low - 0.128M-2M Upstream, Error Protection Off
The sync speeds are:
Downstream Speed 14.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 2.0 Mbps
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
IanLangar

Is is possible to have the Interleaving Low set to off? That'll hopefully bring the ping back down. as for where the other 2mbps have gone maybe they'll come back one day. But It seems it was this time last year (this is off a ticket dated 21/05/2014) I had these stats sent over:
Jonathan Ford - BOT - DSL Logged Faults
2:37pm, Wednesday 21 May 2014
** INTERNAL **
KBD
WP Product: WBC FTTC Annex A 20Mbit/s Up, 80Mbit/s Down, Standard Stability Change
WP Profile: Generic Speed 13900 No Time Out Change History Tags Check: View
PSTN Check: No open faults View Ellacoya: Service_Offer_66 Check
RADIUS: Connected for 1:38:54
1 drops in last 24 hours
1 drops in last 72 hours
2 of 7 (29%) User Req Drops in last 7 daysVisual RADIUS View
GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID N.A. Service ID BBEU09533722
Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0003
Description No problem found, OAM test is not currently supported on this line.
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 18.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 1.5 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Target Fix Time null
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass

BT Estimates WP Profile
15.5Mbps 13900
Where as the alst 6-8months I've had 16 down no problems.
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Hi As Chris has said they have no control over fibre connections so they cant turn interleaving off, interleaving is put on the line by DLM if it thinks the line needs it sadly only DLM can remove it again if it thinks the line can handle it.
you could be waiting days, weeks, even months for DLM to remove it that's if it feels it can remove it at all, If you are indeed on a ECI cab then it's a waiting game to see if G.INP gets enabled on them which may help.
IanLangar

Last time my speed dropped to 7-8mb and I had several engineer visits to do DSLAM resets. He was pretty frustrated as he said that ISP's can request DSLAM reset.
Also in my account now it says the following:
Estimated line speed:
There's no speed estimate currently held on your account
Am I just meant to lump it when my connection used to be better?
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

If the speed has dropped below the estimate for your line then plusnet can send an engineer out and they may do a reset if they fix anything, other wise yes sadly you will have to lump it and see if DLM removes the interleaving at any point..