cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile has recieved a small drop and download bandwidth is taking random hits, slowing it down

ExtremeZero
Grafter

Re: IP Profile has recieved a small drop and download bandwidth is taking random hits, slowing it do

In the notes that Plusnet got he claimed you were 2.5km from the PCP Oh, so your line has suddenly got somewhat longer

Yea that's complete nonsense. At the very latest it's a mile from my house to the exchange so it's 2.0km at the very latest, not the least. The graph if accurate that you posted would indicate a clear increase regardless.

So basically I was lied too.

ExtremeZero
Grafter

Re: IP Profile has recieved a small drop and download bandwidth is taking random hits, slowing it do

"I sad to say that it is not good news, it seems that the move back to ADSL broabdand is not going as planned as the exception that I mentioned previous has not been cleared. When I pushed for more details it seems that the issue is to do with Faulty connections in the cabinet that the connection goes through. This was found when the switch was trying to be made. The good news is that I have escalated this to the BT Whoesale Team to have this fixed as quickly as possible for you. They have advised that the minimum response time is 10 working days to have the issue cleared."

I'm starting to think this cabinet has a personal grudge against me.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Strange isn't it. Two engineers supposedly having checked things out, the first when you were on ADSl, then on FTTC, never mind the one that put you on FTTC and everything was supposedly OK. We knew it wasn't, and now someone says there's an issue at the Cab - something again we knew was a likely suspect in the first place.

It wasn't the same engineer that attended when you were on ADSL and then attended on FTTC by any chance? - never mind wondering who did the FTTC transfer itself.

I just hope whoever at Plusnet that is dealing with this knows their onions and makes sure this is sorted out PROPERLY.

ExtremeZero
Grafter

Nah, they were all different engineers.

I don't think this issue is being dealt with by plusnet, atleast not noticeable in this thread
Anotherone
Champion

Well I assume someone from Plusnet has provided some information on a ticket - or did you get a call from an Openreach engineer?

Other than that, how disappointing, to say the least. This problem may not have been of Plusnet's making, but as the ISP it IS their responsibility to see that everything is fixed and that you are being treated fairly.

I'm not convinced that is happening.

ExtremeZero
Grafter

Still nothing. No Internet as it appears nothing has been fixed. No response from plusnet at the date they would contact me.

All this over fixing a pair of twisted copper in the cab. I thought it be pretty easy to get a pair of twisted copper and replace the faulty one but it appears that nothing had happened and i haven't even got a response why from anyone
Anotherone
Champion

This is appalling. Sorry there's been no response from me,  I've been/am away. 

@Chris could you please look at this as a matter of urgency. I thought @Darkfire liked a challenge but it seems this one appears too difficult!

ExtremeZero
Grafter

This isn't about difficulty anymore as it is ignoring me. First the issue with the twisted copper which plusnet failed to notify me about how the order didn't go through to get it fixed until I commented on what's going on after the initial date for a response didn't happen. Now that BT have put a tag on the line for whatever moronic reason they thought why, the support said they get back to me in 24 hours. It's been four days and still no goddamn response from anyone on what the hell is going.

My patience is wearing very thin. Almost a month of nonstop ignoring and ongoing pile of problems made by moronic decisions from both BT and Plusnet. I have missed out on a lot of stuff thanks to this mess. Months of ongoing problems and the only people that seem to give a toss is the forum community that try to help in their spare time who aren't even being payed for it while the support who are being payed to help have been ignoring me and somehow made more of mess between BT and them on a issue that should of easily been solved ages ago!

Naturally if nothing is done soon I will be moving to another ISP and hopefully they do a better job in solving the simple problem if nothing is done.