Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile change

Gtunney
Dabbler

IP Profile change

Hi,

Can anybody from plusnet please advise is my IP profile has changed?

As far as I'm aware my profile was set to 74mbps, looking at the BT wholesale diagnostics my profile now appears 69mbps.

My line was previously set to 74 based on this https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/New-customer-DSLAM/m-p/1708957#M107178

3 REPLIES 3
idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

Re: IP Profile change

You might find it is more to do with the fact that DLM is an active 24/7 tool. You might be set at 74Mb initially but if DLM decides your line isn't happy there it will lower the threshold. If it thinks your line can go faster, it will raise it. But unless your line is banded it will alter it up and down as and when.

I'm lucky in that my ISP allows me to see what DLM is up to (without have to go in to the modem etc). Even on what I consider a fairly 'stable' line, DLM alters the line speed up and down on quite a regular basis e.g. since 21st December it has altered my line speed 10 times by an average of 200kb (yep kbs) up and down. Unless you fall below the handback threshold (can be found here)  there isn't much anyone can do. Setting it higher will probably result in a few days at that rate before DLM sets it back down. But you can always ask............

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

The Handback Threshold has nothing to do with raising or getting a fault fixed it's for leaving without penalty should Openreach not get the speed back over the threshold should it drop below it.

Gtunney
Dabbler

Ive been on the 74mbps IP Profile for quite some time so I don't think it's a line issue with DLM.

When I first joined plusnet I had the same issue, line was syncing at highest speed (78mbps) but ip profile wasn't getting assigned correctly and was capped at 69. So I had to get manual intervention from plusnet to push it higher.