IP Profile again..

FIXED
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: IP Profile again..

No worries.

I'm in a similar situation I think. My sync rate has been dropping steadily from 60mbps to 54mbps over the past 5 years, and unfortunately so have the speed estimates too which my speeds are just within.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

yeah Crosstalk is a pain, i have seen my sync drop from 65Mb down to it's current 42Mb my estimates fell with it to around 35Mb for the top end which was lower than the minimum for the fibre extra package i'm on. 

that said it did start to rise again at the end of December it was at 40Mb for the low end and around 48Mb for the top end and now it stands at 62Mb for the top end and the low end is at 42Mb so the estimates are almost back to where they were 4 years ago when i had fibre installed, not sure what has changed for them to rise the estimates up this much.

Sadly my Sync wont increase to reach near the top end of the range no matter what i do it always stays at 42Mb almost as if it's banded or stuck there, I have a ECI Openreach modem so have no way to see stats or access to another modem to know if anything is amiss.

Bitemeh1980
Grafter

Missed a phone call from Plusnet today, was driving so couldnt answer, saying that things were looking up and ip profile was rising etc. Is there anything i need to do? Restart router etc? Thanks for the call and replies. Sorry i couldnt answer.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

There shouldn't be anything further you need to do.

How are things looking on your end?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Bitemeh1980
Grafter

Ive waited long enough now. Ive been more than fair waiting this long for my speeds to rise yet they have not. You can see from the image what ive been getting for months now. Im basically paying for fibre extra but getting the smaller package. Im angry. I will not pay for an engineer either as my line is fine and very stable actually for a good while now as you can see on your end.

If the problem is what you say it is, isnt there some kind of compensation to be had? Im not one for freebe's but i feel im being ripped off. You guys are nice n helpful but i feel an exact answer hasnt been given.

At this point when my contract is up im outta here. Poor poor service for months now. Been with you guys for over 10 years. Before Bt got their hands on ya in 2007 ^^. Never have i had this problem.

First few months i had great speeds, what i was promised, now im lucky if i even the stated minimum!!

Soooo, what do we do? Because i refuse to accept these slow speeds now. The exchange where i live is literally accross the road from me. Like not even 30 seconds walk! The little green cabinet is maybe 1 minute walk from my house at most!

Any support is appreciated as always. I hope we find a solution that doesnt involve unnecessary engineer visits.

Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

I understand the frustration. Unfortunately as your line speed is within expectations found here, above your minimum guaranteed access line speed found here and line tests aren't finding any issues, there's not much we can do.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Bitemeh1980
Grafter

This actually disgusting!! That first link you gave used to say minimum 55!! Now they changed it to 44!! What an absolutely trashy thing for them to do. This is seriously bad. How can they get away with that?

Also thanks for the reply. I do love the help and quick replys here.

Peace.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@Gandalf

Reading between the lines of what you've posted the estimated line speed given to a user when they sign up or change product is absolutely meaningless. BT can change it arbitrarily to a figure way below the initial estimate and the user has no redress, and Plusnet will not take it up on the user's behalf.

Have I interpreted this correctly?

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Unfortunately fibre speeds can drop over time due to crosstalk which essentially is interference from other lines that have swapped onto fibre.

There is very little that can be done about this but I believe the lines are checked each month and estimates revised where needed

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

When you do a BT line check using http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome it reports two ranges for FTTC: Clean and Impacted. Impacted is supposed to take account of the possible effects of cross talk.

I thought the estimates Plusnet provide when people sign up was based on Impacted. The user can then decide if they want to proceed on the basis of that estimate.

If sync speeds drop below the Impacted Low figure that is a fault! If not fixed Plusnet are in breach of contract and the user could use that to terminate the contract penalty free.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Bitemeh1980
Grafter

Thanks for the reply. I would like to add i have friends who live very close by and they are with BT. They are getting close to 70 mb down and over 16mb up. Thats OVER 10mb more than me down and sometimes over 5mb more than me up. 

That checker link you gave me has completely changed. It used to be way higher than this before. Now the rates are a lot lower as is my speed. 

But thanks all for replies and help. Still frustrating as hell.

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Yeah for sure it's frustrating once again my estimate range has been lowered, the high has gone back down to 55Mb from 62Mb but what is worse is the lower end has gone down to 39Mb from 42Mb.

I'm currently synced at 44Mb but my Max attainable is at 40Mb so if the connection was to drop I would loose 4Mb, previously I would have been able to get a enginner out, now that they have changed the range again I would still be within the estimate which is just BS they really shouldn't be allowed to change the rules like that.

I can understand the range for when you sign up but once a connection is made the range should be locked to the speed you get when the connection is made regardless of what happens down the road be it crosstalk or whatever the issue maybe, Openreach should fix the issues to keep you in that initial range not move it around to screw you over.