Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile again..

FIXED
Bitemeh1980
Grafter

IP Profile again..

Once again my IP Profile has gone down to 48. It should be 70 or 80 something? Can someone please have a look i'd be grateful thanks. 

26 REPLIES 26
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: IP Profile again..

Hey, 

Line tests don't show anything obvious but the synch speeds are well below estimates so you did right to report fault. You should see a reply to the ticket soon. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Bitemeh1980
Grafter

Thanks for the reply. Internet is stable again but ip profile lots lower than it was. Can it be raised plz? Thanks
Bitemeh1980
Grafter

Sorry to post again i received an update from PlusNet saying the line is fine now and problem is resolved. However the problem is not resolved as the IP profile is still low and and wont go up. I know for a fact i can get higher download and upload speeds. Any help appreciated greatly. Thanks Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Our tests are showing no banding on your line:

Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream 5dB, Retransmission High - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off

The reason why you're seeing a low IP profile is because your router is in sync at 57mbps.

The IP profile matches the sync rate and we've got no control over either I'm afraid.

Unfortunately as your speeds are within your speed estimates there isn't much we can do I'm afraid.

Have you tried plugging your router into the test socket to rule out any internal wiring issues?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Bitemeh1980
Grafter

Yeah ive tried all the things i can. For some reason internet keeps dropping out to. Early hours this morning it happened 3 times within an hour i think it was. Never had that before was strange. Will this affect it? Thanks
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It's possible that drops in your connection won't be helping your speed.

Unfortunately due to the relatively low frequency of the drops there's not much more we can do I'm afraid.

It's fairly normal for broadband to drop occasionally.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Bitemeh1980
Grafter

I'll be honest im getting really tired of these slow speeds and no help from Plusnet other than "You are getting the minimum so there is nothing we can do". 

I was getting constant speeds of 62mb+ down and 19mb up for months. Now all of a sudden after internet drop outs in my area, my IP profile is stuck at 55 and my speeds are the bare minimum of 53 or 54mb with 13-14mb uploads. Clearly there is something wrong but Plusnet not offering any help on how to correct this situation. 

I do appreciate replies here but as a 15+ year customer i expect more im not gonna lie. 

So what can we do? Re-train the phone line? Anything? I want what i was getting before. I dont want to be told, "sorry you are getting the minimum there is nothing we can do". It was higher before it should go back. Ive had Plusnet raise the ip profile before only this time they say they cant. Ive had them retrain my line before only this time they cant. What gives? Its like Plusnet are going out there way not to do anything! 

I need this fixed. Im tired of paying the same but getting a lesser speed. In fact my speeds this morning were actually lower than the minimum. That itself requires Plusnet to take action. 

After 15 years im seriously thinking about alternatives to Plusnet after my contract expires. In this time i have noticed customer support go downhill sadly. Such a shame for a company i once loved to be with!

Replies appreciated as always. Thanks.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry to hear you feel that way.

We'd love to help but if your speeds are within your estimates there really is not much we can do. For fibre circuits we have no remote tools I'm afraid and most of the times we need to arrange an engineer visit.

As your speeds are currently within your estimates, it's likely that any engineer visit we arrange would be passed back to us advising the line is right when tested and a call-out charge applied of which we'd apply £65 to you.

Whilst we can increase your speed profile on our side as it's currently set at 48800kbps which is a bit low for your sync rate of 57.4mbps (Just done that now), I don't feel this would achieve anything due to the way your service routes across our network the speed profile on your account is largely irrelevant nowadays.

With regards to your IP profile of 55mbps this automatically matches to just below the sync rate.

Unfortunately, due to the way broadband works we have no control over this.

I do apologise for any disappointment caused.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Bitemeh1980
Grafter

Its just strange after several dropouts in the area (one which happened again last night, you can check) my speeds lowered a lot. Now wont go back up to what they were. And i am certain this is in the area and not just me. 

Also, thanks for the help.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems.

Hopefully your speeds improve by themselves but there's not much we can do to influence that.

It's possible your speeds have gone down due to cross talk which is interference from other connections in the cabinet.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Bitemeh1980
Grafter

Is there anything that can be done about crosstalk? Thanks for all the info and replies.

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

The only thing that can help with crosstalk is for Openreach to use Vectoring in the fibre cabs sadly that is something they have no intention to roll out on it's own they are going down the route of using Gfast which does require vectoring to function.

currently Gfast is only being trialled in select areas, it's thought that a full scale rollout may start in June but Openreach don't have a great track record when it comes to rolling out tech hell they still haven't sorted out brining G.INP to ECI cabs which has been ongoing for more than two years now. 

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Do do know that if you are one of the early users on your cabinet it is almost certain that you will see a drop in speeds as more users are connected due to cross talk? It's just the way VDSL works. There is nothing that can be done about that and the drop you are seeing is much the same as I've seen reported by many others. I was the very first user on my cabinet and was seeing a maximum achievable reported by the modem of over 100Mbps (obviously the actual sync was 80Mbps) - now it is reporting 83Mbps.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Bitemeh1980
Grafter

Ok guys. Thanks for the replies. Sad