Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile Reset

Beth1988

IP Profile Reset

Hello

Could I have my line profile reset please? Smiley

I had a new line installed a few months back due to connection issues, I believe I was getting 32 to 34mb/s originally but that's dropped down to around 20mb/s.

Thanks

Beth

9 REPLIES 9
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: IP Profile Reset

From my understanding Plusnet can't change the profile as it has to be done at the exchange. Some one more knowledgeable will probably confirm that.

Have you tried raising a fault at http://faults.plus.net/ ?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Plusnet don't have any control over FTTC connections unfortunately and the only time a profile reset can happen is after an OR engineer has fixed a fault.
bluewhale
Rising Star

and getting openreach to do anything on FTTC is almost impossible it seems,as the 3 line engineers i've had visit me have indicated

bluewhale
Rising Star

the question you need to ask is why the DLM is moving the speed down, it implies an issue soemwhere

if you have the plusnet one router it has a page showing how long the connection has been up and snr and when disconnects/connects have happened, worth looking at

they are the troubleshooting tab on 192.168.1.254

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry for the delayed response.

Unfortunately as said above we can't reset FTTC lines I'm afraid. This can only be done by a engineer after a fault has been fixed.

I can see the speeds are lower then expected so I'd recommend raising a fault here

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
bluewhale
Rising Star

can you tell me why the faults team did this

I have carried a remote cease and re-provide (re-mapped) as a precaution. Please allow 4hrs for the changes to take place and 24hrs for the line to be stabilized

it would seem that this would have zero effect on anything and that is indeed the case, still on the 3db profile

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@bluewhale

It looks like that was carried out by BTwholesale as we have no remote tools over FTTC circuits.

Sorry to see that hasn't resolved the problem.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bluewhale
Rising Star

I have checked and found as escalation has closed. I am sorry but without any open reference our escalation team can't work

oh yes i see and it looks like you've allowed openreach to close the escalation which means we are back at square one with no one having done anything at all

bluewhale
Rising Star

It looks like that was carried out by BTwholesale 

well having talked to a manager on the chat line they said that no this was said by one of the plusnet support team and not openreach

i also find myself in the new plusnet fault looping workflow

1. customer raises broadband FTTC fault

2. plusnet sees fault in own logs

3. plusnet requests openreach engineer visit to look at copper line for faults at customers own risk

4. openreach engineer visits finds no copper line fault

5. engineer sees FTTC connection fault or doesn't see FTTC fault ( doesn't matter and won't be logged either way )

6. plusnet sees copper no fault report

7. plusnet agress still a broadband/FTTC fault

8 plusnet tries to escalate with openreach

9 openreach agree but only after a copper/line engineer visit

10 goto 4

there are many offshoots where various people make jumps to various parts in this workflow or make statements that are then denied, BUT crucially there is no way to get to the point where openreach actually investigate either the port card in the green box or DLM software or anywhere upstream using techniques such as 24 logging that the openreach engineers say exist and only one way to leave the workflow see below

notes: at no stage should plusnet support staff use the same person to update the ticket/try and understand what is going on

at all times the support staff should ignore any length of time or loyalty has shown to plusnet

at all times say sorry even when has no meaning

at all times try and ignore/delay

at all times speak in a patronising way about technology

at all times offer/threaten customer with having contract terminated rather than actually try and solve the issue