Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile Issues & what is NFF?

andun84
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

IP Profile Issues & what is NFF?

I was querying my IP Profile as it seems to be stuck low in comparison to what my sync speed that is being reported my modem is telling me. For instance I was syncing at 60Mbps but my profile was stuck at 53Mbps and that was one day after it had been manually raised to 59Mbps and with no drops. It did then rise to 55.4Mbps however it was still low for the sync speed. However sync speed has dropped twice, once during very heavy rain and another in the middle of the night a couple of days ago. Or at least that's why modem is telling them Plusnet replied to day to say I haven't dropped in over 7 days. Oh well current sync speed as shown by my modem is: 57.898Mbps so I am right in think that the IP profile of 55.4Mbps is too low for that sync? I have G.INP enabled which I believe has a slightly higher sync to IP Profile relationship.
Anyway here is the response today:
WP Product: WBC FTTC Annex A 20Mbit/s Up, 80Mbit/s Down, Standard Stability
WP Profile: 55400
WP Package: Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
Ellacoya: Service_Offer_66
Exchange - BELFAST ORMEAU
SVLAN - Total of 46 VPs. This circuit is currently on SFBB00000130 which is showing BLUE.
VP Data - Blue - 29 , Green - 9 , Amber - 8 , Red - 0
TAGs (Clean): Download: 62.5 Mbps - 80 Mbps / Upload: 20 Mbps - 20 Mbps. 80% Acceptable Sync Rate = 50Mb.
RADIUS - Connected for 7 Days, 6:6:31 / 0 of 0 (0%) User Req Drops in last 7 days
WLR - PASS
Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0001
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found but unable to check for customer equipment connected to modem.
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 0.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 19.0 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Profile Name 0.128M-60M Downstream, Retransmission High - 0.128M-19M Upstream, Retransmission High
Time Stamp 2015-08-20T10:30:00
Summary - Line stable, sync shows zero so likely test failure, will confirm speeds being seen, suspect NFF.
Next Action - Return to EU.

So they couldn't get a download rate for the line but the upload matches my modem which is marginally under 19. The exchange is wrong. I'm on the Ballynahinch Exchange not Ormeau so not quite sure how their automatic tests can get that wrong. However the second last line mentions suspect NFF. So what is NFF?
EDIT
OK I now know that NFF means no fault found.
3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: IP Profile Issues & what is NFF?

I think the testing shows at 0.0mbps is a glitch.
The profile should be a little higher although I don't think you'd notice the difference outside of testing.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
andun84
Rising Star

Hi Matthew you are comparing the current sync speed to the IP Profile which isn't the issue that was raised. When I raised it my IP Profile was stuck at 49Mbps below the 80% threshold even though you advised that I was within it basing my 80% of a number which I couldn't get because my Profile was stuck artificially low. When you did bump my profile to 59Mbps the next day it dropped 53Mbps which was a further complaint even though the sync was still stable at 60Mbps. There was a big gap in what the IP Profile should have been and what it was. Since then my IP Profile has changed once to 55.4Mbps and in the same period my sync has dropped 3 times a total of 2.5Mbps so they have come much closer to what my profile is so I agree at this point they are near enough. However all of this makes me think my IP Profile is not updating as it should do however as they are so close now to what it should be I'll have to let this ticket close but I do expect to have to raise another in the future to correct as stuck profile.
As regards the Exchange can you advise why it showing as Ormeau when I'm on Ballynahinch exchange?
andun84
Rising Star

Well I'm now synced for over 2 days at 59.3Mbps so I would have expected an IP Profile change however no change yet. So I just raised another issue via chat and my profile has been reset so I guess my prediction was correct  Wink Let's see if it actually sticks as the last time it dropped by 7Mbps the very next day even though sync was stable.
Edit - Just checked the speed set and it's set at 78Mbps  Roll_eyes