Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile Drop on the download

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

IP Profile Drop on the download

can someone on the CRT Please check my connection my IP profile has dropped

My Plusnet profile is still at the level my IP profile was at before the drop which was 46.8 Mb

yet my BTW IP profile has dropped down to 41.84 so i have lost around 4Mb,

BTW further diagnostic attached

Funny thing is when i checked my TBB graph there was no connection drop but there was a increase in ping from my normal 13-15ms to over 20ms I'm wondering if either Interleaving has been applied or maybe G.INP i know ECI cabs have started to be enabled i'm wondering if this has happened to me and it's had a negative effect rather than a positive one thanks for any help.   

20 REPLIES 20
etdsaunders
Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: IP Profile Drop on the download

Surely if interleaving was applied by DLM you'd see a drop? Or did your line sync back up pretty fast that TBB didn't detect the drop?

Have you noticed a gateway change?
Raspberry Pi enthusiast!
If you Like it, give it a Thumbs_Up
Terranova667
Pro

No gateway change at the time of the drop so the connection hadn't dropped on the plusnet end, there was a huge spike in the graph at the time of the drop and increase in ping, the increase is still there hence why i thought Interleaving or G.INP but i don't know for sure because i have a Openreach ECI modem and no way to get stats from it. 

Terranova667
Pro

I'm going to reboot the modem see if that makes a difference and report back

Terranova667
Pro

Ok i rebooted the modem and gained a small amount, BTW IP is now 42.55 but the Plusnet profile dropped to 41.8

so can someone on the CRT please adjust it to match the BTW one, also check the connection to see if something is amiss thanks.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Our tests aren't showing any particular cause.

Your DLM profile is "0.128M-80M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off"

I've updated the profile as well.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Terranova667
Pro

Thanks Matthew yeah i just had a talk with someone on live chat they confirmed as you have that G.INP has been enabled which seems to have had a negative effect rather than a positive one, I was hoping that I would gain a little once G.INP was enabled i guess not in my case, I don't know why and not being able to get stats from it doesn't help, I'm wondering if the Openreach modem isn't compatible

anyone else with a openreach ECI modem that has G.INP enabled gain anything or lost it ?  

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

ECI modems did have a blip with G.INP which is why it's only enabled on the downstream but it shouldn't cause a issue now.

The only way to know for sure would be to test the Huawei model or a different VDSL modem.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
ray_dorset
Grafter

Looks like G.INP has been applied, which is "interesting" on an ECI modem.

Terranova667
Pro

@ray_dorset ECI cabs have now started to be G.INP enabled so if your on a ECI cab you should soon see the effects one way or another.

@MatthewWheeler Sadly i dont have another modem to test be it Huawei or ECI, The effects i am seeing kinda look like those that had ECI modems on Huawei cabs, as i say I don't remember my ECI Openreach modem ever updating the firmware ect, i think it's not G.INP enabled but there is no way of testing that.

ray_dorset
Grafter

If you get an engineer to reset your DLM profile, that should turn G.INP off and then you may be fine.

etdsaunders
Pro

A BTOR engineer will not come out just to reset DLM. They only reset when they've fixed a line fault iirc
Raspberry Pi enthusiast!
ray_dorset
Grafter

The point is that a DLM reset will turn off G.INP, I think.

Terranova667
Pro

Yes Resetting DLM if it were to happen would turn it off but DLM would turn it back on again eventually it's not a permanent thing so i would be back to square one.

I can only guess and this is a guess that the ECI Openreach modem isn't G.INP compatible or if it is for some reason it looks like mine isn't as I say i don't recall at any time the Modem resetting with new firmware but again i have no means to check that.  

etdsaunders
Pro

Interesting find on the internet, Calling out an Openreach engineer for a request for DLM reset is of no use.  DLM resets either will not take or will not stick.

You can read full topic Over Here Thumbs_Up

Raspberry Pi enthusiast!