Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile / DLM reset

GoochyMeUK
Dabbler

IP Profile / DLM reset

Hi,

Is it possible that I could get my IP Profile reset please?

From looking at my modem 

DS Actual Rate          : 60000000 bps

DS Attainable Rate      : 78060680 bps

I have left the modem on for a couple of month but it looks like I am stuck at a slower speed.

Many Thanks

James

7 REPLIES 7
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: IP Profile / DLM reset

Hi @GoochyMeUK,

I've taken a look into your connection today and it does appear to currently be performing at the rate that you have advised, although I can also see that this is within your estimated speed range from 53.4Mbps to 76Mbps download speeds. Please could you confirm if you have tested the router whilst it is setup within the test phone socket? If you haven't, I would recommend doing this to see if any improvement occurs and a guide on how you can do this can be found here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
GoochyMeUK
Dabbler

Hi @TheMightyAJ,

Yes I have tested this before using the test socket and the results were the the same. I used to get speeds above 70Mbps but a couple of years ago I had a fault on the line which went on for almost a year where the line kept dropping. Was found that the fault was at the pole. During the time I had these faults my speed just kept dropping to where I am today. After the last visit I was told that the speed to go back up on it's own but this never happened.

I never raised the issue that the line speed had dropped after the issue was fixed as I was very glad that the constant line dropping was fixed. 

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

Hi @GoochyMeUK

I've checked and can't actually see the previous fault (probably auto archived now due to age), but has this dip in speed you're currently getting been consistent since the fault resolution?

I just wonder if it's been purposefully capped at the line rate you're currently getting. There are some instances where lines are pinned to keep them stable. BT Wholesale would always deem stability more important than speed. 

GoochyMeUK
Dabbler

Hi @JOLO,

Yes the speed dip has been since the fault. The fix was that rain water was shorting the connection at the pole and that they re terminated the cables.

It could be that one of the engineers before the one that actual fixed the problem capped my line as I did have a lot of engineers out to look at the problem.

The issue I had was if the weather was good no problem was found but as soon as there was wind and rain (typical Welsh weather) I would get problems again. All of the engineers before the last just said there is no problem now and walked away. It was not until the last engineer came who actually went out and had a good look around to find the issue.

Can Openreach advise if there is a cap on my line?

Many Thanks

James

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Any capping is usually done by the Dynamic Line Management (DLM) at the cabinet rather than a engineer.

Our tests are showing that your current profile is "0.128M-60M with Interleaving (Low). Upstream: 0.128M-19M with no error protection"

We can ask for this to be reset however if the line starts performing poorly DLM will most likely add the cap again

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
GoochyMeUK
Dabbler

Hi @MatthewWheeler,

Thanks for the update. Could you please request a reset for me.

Many Thanks

James

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @GoochyMeUK ,

Thanks for your post.

I've requested that change in settings for you.

Please keep an eye on your services over the next 24/48 hours and let us know if no improvement is seen.