Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Profile/ DLM reset

FIXED
Syrixiya

IP Profile/ DLM reset

Hi,

Would it be possible to reset my DLM/IP profile please? the reason for the request is that some time ago I had some things going on at my house which resulted in my router being turned off and on several times in frequent succession. Since then my broadband sync has dropped to around 66 whereas it was a solid 80 for months prior (my down speed is about 62-64 now whereas it used to be about 74-76).

This makes me think that the profiling got inadvertently fooled into thinking that my line was unstable as a result.

Many thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: IP Profile/ DLM reset

Fix

Hi there.

I'm sorry to see your line is banded at 67mbps.

Unfortunately it's not a straightforward task as the process we have to reset a line is just a trial, and DLM resets are usually only actioned after the resolution of a fault.

However, I've sent an e-mail over to one of my colleagues who's relatively close to the trial to request a reset nonetheless. If it's successful I'd expect your line to sync higher by the end of next week.

Sorry that this isn't a definitive answer.

Let us know how you get on.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Syrixiya

Thank you for the reply and trying for me even though it isn't currently normally allowed under these circumstances.

I will let you know if anything changes.

If your colleague isn't able to do it at the moment, do you know if the trial will become available to request without having a fault at some point?

Many thanks again much appreciated.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

If your colleague isn't able to do it at the moment, do you know if the trial will become available to request without having a fault at some point?

I imagine that'd be possible when/if the process comes out of the trial.

However I'm afraid I'm not able to confirm either way.

Keep us posted. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Syrixiya

Hi Gandalf,

I'm happy to report that your colleagues request worked and I'm back up to 74mb down Thumbs_Up

Once again many thanks for your help with this!

Kind regards,

Dan

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

To quote Hannibal.

a9ed842f739e930dc8e9340bafbbaeaf77994c50c74fc6a86b046b54cb9b2c59.jpg

Cheesy

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet