cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Address Question

buseng12
Grafter

IP Address Question

Have P/N changed the way they issue IP addresses?

Some while back they changed the way IP addresses were issued, (some network change or something) & they all began with 143 etc etc, & remained so however many times you reconnected the router.

There was a big issue at the beginning where The National Lottery website could not be accessed. This took about a week to resolve. I also had a separate issue where I couldn't access Peugeot Servicebox, this was never resolved. I posted on here about it at the time.

Anyway, getting to the point, I see my IP address now starts with 51 etc etc & said servicebox site now works!

Checking said IP address it says it is "based" in Warrington & owned by Plusnet PLC (which figures).

Not sure if it is connected, but my ethernet adaptor connection has changed name to Infonet Services Corporation as well.

Getting back to the original question, have P/N done some "network tweaking".

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) All caps title edited as per Forum rules

7 REPLIES 7
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: IP Address Question

We have a number of different IP ranges and they way they are issued is slightly different across the new and old networks (we've been moving customers over a new network). I'm glad the problem you were having is fixed for you.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
buseng12
Grafter

Strange, but it looked as if I went to the "new network", the 143 range, but seemed to have moved back unless the new network has a different range of IP addresses.

southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

I got one of the 51x IPs now & Wuaki TV is blocking me out now saying it's not available in my country? It looks to be assigned to Plusnet in Warrington so a bit confused?
buseng12
Grafter

Were you on one of the 143 xxx ones before?

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@southerner

There is a very large thread about country blocking at https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/IP-addresses-not-UK-Can-customers-please-report-any-p...

I would add your issue to the end of that thread.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Have added it.

I was on a 143x but can only get 51x addresses now that block me from streaming as I'm in Saudi Arabia?!

Jhchicks
Dabbler

I think I have a problem. According to Plusnet I'm on IP address 172.16.17.*** but other web sites say I'm on 143.159.210.***. Also Plusnet say (when I check for internet connection) I'm not connected to the internet. But I am. (If I was not connected then how am I sending this message!