cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I will say this one final time

orkhun

I will say this one final time

Do not take any money for the last month, I will stop the direct debit until fiber connection problem is solved. For more than 1 month ! there are connection drops and speed drops, which is causing serious problems when on conference call and data transfers, loss of connection ruins the work. You can not charge money for a service which isn't working properly. 4 engineers visited for the problem and everyone said the same thing problem isn't at this end or with bt line it is with Plusnet and they advised Plusnet to check the problem on their systems. I was told there are other customer with same problems and many people around this area effected with same problems. This is unacceptable, while many customers have problems nothing is done yet still full amount of payment is charged for a internet connection they can not use. This problem must be solved or this problem with Plusnet will be taken to legal solutions.
3 REPLIES 3
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: I will say this one final time

Hi orkhun,
Thank you for posting. I've taken a look at your account and I can assure you that our faults team are doing all they can to work with our supply to sort the problem for you. Once the fault is resolved we can then look at the billing for you. It tends to be best to work this out once everything is working as we'll know exactly how long you've had the problem, and what the exact cause was.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

I'm not taking sides, but it seems to me that:
Quote from: orkhun
there are connection drops and speed drops

Are these session drops (the modem maintains a connection though internet access is lost, though that does not normally affect "speed") or does the modem drop the connection and re-sync? I suspect the latter; in which case it is a local problem; have you checked for phone noise?
4 engineers visited for the problem and everyone said the same thing problem isn't at this end or with bt line it is with Plusnet and they advised Plusnet to check the problem on their systems.

Unfortunately, the standard "I can't find any fault, so it's not us it's them" response.
Were the engineers a result of reporting a phone fault or broadband fault?
I was told there are other customer with same problems and many people around this area effected with same problems.

That could be a local fault, so not directly related to Plusnet. Your phrasing suggests (to me) it is not limited to Plusnet and it may not be affecting adjacent areas.
I have found Plusnet very good with getting things fixed. The only "downtime" was a 5 day no phone/internet resulting from OR moving my "line" to a different pair at the cabinet, then waiting for "hole diggery" to put in the pipework so hat a new cable could be installed to cure an earth fault 10m from the house.
Phil
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
petecov44
Grafter

T-Bone! You da man! Wink