cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to downgrade my fibre broadband package

MW45
Grafter

I want to downgrade my fibre broadband package

I want to downgrade my fibre broadband package from the unlimited fibre extra, to the standard unlimited fibre 38 mb, I have been with plus net 18 months how do I go about doing it?
10 REPLIES 10
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: I want to downgrade my fibre broadband package

Best to call Customer Options on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200, you might just get a good deal.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
MW45
Grafter

Thanks for that just,, tried calling them average wait time 15 minutes Unbelievable, talktalk are doing a much better offer. Like I said, my contract is up, so unless they can match or beat talktalk's broadband price. I'll be switching over, and before people say plusnet is better than talktalk the last few months I have had nothing but trouble with plusnet constantly losing connection while my mate on talktalk as I had zero problems.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Retentions etc. are much quicker to reply in the early morning - about 9.00 am worked for me
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Just in case it's important to you, Talktalk 38Mbps fibre has  maximum 2Mbps upload (Plusnet is up to 20Mbps upload)
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Razorback
Grafter

TT also has great oversea customer service NOT.
MW45
Grafter

Quote from: Razorback
TT also has great oversea customer service NOT.

Neither as plusnet as when I phoned them earlier,,, your in a queue, you will be answered in about 15 minutes. I don't call that good service,, it's increasingly looking that I will leave plusnet as they have recently put prices up, they are not as competitive as they used to be, the last few months I've had problems with no Internet for an hour to 4-5 hours so they service ain't brilliant either so I don't think I could do any worse at the moment
shure
Grafter

while a 15 minute wait can be frustrating, it would seem a worthwhile time investment to see what deals you might be able to get on your package.  If, as W23 says, TalkTalk cap their upload speed to 2Mps then the deal might not be as sweet as you originally thought. 
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi all,
FYI changes to your account type can also be requested online here, so you don't need to call.
https://portal.plus.net/upgrade_process.html?memberheader=upgrade
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Unless something has changed recently, from what I've seen in other posts it is not possible to downgrade a FTTC service to 40Mbps online, so you do need to phone. Sad
MW45
Grafter

Thanks all for your input, I will phone plusnet shortly, if they can't offer me a good deal then it's hello talk talk is as they are prices are very competitive