cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've lost 20-25Mbps in the last two years and I'm not getting anywhere with chat/phone!

winderjw
Hooked

I've lost 20-25Mbps in the last two years and I'm not getting anywhere with chat/phone!

When I first moved over to fibre (76Mbps), I was consistently getting upwards of 65Mbps.  I'm now getting a MAX of 46Mbps, and haven't had any faster than that in a LONG time.  I've spent a hell of a lot of time on hold, both in chat and on the phone, and after a lot of messing around and being bumped back onto the right profile, the only outcome was to plug in to the test socket and monitor.  I've been monitoring for about a month now, and there has been no change.

I'm pretty annoyed as I pay a lot of money to Plusnet and I should be getting the speed I'm paying for.  Is this a crosstalk issue?  If so, when is it going to be sorted and in the mean time, can I have some of my money back?!

4 REPLIES 4
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 8

Re: I've lost 20-25Mbps in the last two years and I'm not getting anywhere with chat/phone!

Have you tried reporting this as a a fault by running the online troubleshooter at https://www.plus.net/apps/kbdfaults

Bluejay5
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: I've lost 20-25Mbps in the last two years and I'm not getting anywhere with chat/phone!

Hi Bud

I know that feeling. I do feel for you

I love hobnobs you can nibble and then take a chunk out of it
Part of life living
winderjw
Hooked

I hadn't, but I've just started it and it wants me to check status lights on my BT modem... I don't have a BT modem, and I've never had one!  OneHub straight into the socket.  Looks like my setup hasn't been recorded properly.  Oh well - I'm back on chat with support again 😕

BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 8

I'd assume that the question was generic and they meant lights on the hub (or whatever you have) and just carry on. I have no idea whether the fault checker actually knows what configuration you have/should have and I doubt if it matters. I would get the fault registered into the Plusnet system and worry about details later.