Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm thinking of returning to Plusnet!!

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I'm thinking of returning to Plusnet!!

Hi all!
After a miserable nightmare with BT - useless help desks and slow internet.  I've been thinking about returning, since I can leave without charge due to price rises.
I'm thinking of getting the Fibre Unlimited option of up to 38mb but was wondering if 76mb is really worth the upgrade and more for larger families (only 3 of us in the the house)
I am also thinking of getting Sky but due to their restricted use of routers and fibre is £20 - however they are offering 6 months free.  My TV is also with Sky but no deals on becoming a sky broadband customer at the mo.
I'm also going to use TopCashback - can anyone tell me if this actually works, as I'll be able to get £105 cashback. 
Thanks
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
2 REPLIES 2
eattheword
Grafter

Re: I'm thinking of returning to Plusnet!!

One of the reasons I've been with Metronet/PlusNet since 2003 is their responsiveness.
As for fibre speed, I decided to go with the 40Mbps service initially and see how that worked. After six months I will have a feel for whether I feel limited and need to go to 80. Given that one is often at the mercy of the speed of the web server delivering content, I figured there's no compelling reason for me to shell out for 80 Mbps. The main aspect I have noticed are the enormously faster UPLOAD speeds.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: I'm thinking of returning to Plusnet!!

mod:note
locked because of https://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,133289.0.html
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'