cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm losing faith with Plusnet now, why is my fibre BB so bad ? Can someone look at my line.

Donaldo
Dabbler

I'm losing faith with Plusnet now, why is my fibre BB so bad ? Can someone look at my line.

Does anyone know if you can raise a ticket to have someone look at my line though this forum ?

PING ms
 DOWNLOAD Mbps
 UPLOAD Mbps

I bought a new modem HH6 from Ebay thinking it was the modem, but its still guff.

Modem sync speed seems fine.

80.00 Mbps

20.00 Mbps

From the BT openreach speed test-

Advance Test

Download Test
Download speed achieved during the test was 3.72 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 40 - 73.7 Mbps
IP Profile for your line is 73.7 Mbps

Upload Test
Upload speed achieved during the test was 6.12 Mbps
IP Profile for your line is 20 Mbps

I'm convinced that when the Openreach guys were installing the new FTP cables in the estate, screwed up my line. As it was fine until they turned up. It's been rotten ever since.

Considering going back to Zen, as they were brilliant back in the day.

3 REPLIES 3
wakeman
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: I'm losing faith with Plusnet now, why is my fibre BB so bad ? Can someone look at my line.

@Donaldo  Going back to Zen will not fix the issue, its still the same line.

Have you followed the basic troubleshooting guide and if necessary then logged the fault call for investigation.

https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/ 

In the last section on the webpage is the link to the broadband troubleshooting fault logging. But you must do the test first via a 'wired' connection not Wi-Fi

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: I'm losing faith with Plusnet now, why is my fibre BB so bad ? Can someone look at my line.

Yep I've seen this problem posted in a couple of threads.

It could (read that as a massive could) be a problem on PlusNet's side.

If you can get through the barrage of ads within your life expectency then you can try a site like: www.whatismyip.com

I get for example:

Your IPv4 Address Is: 77.99.x.y 
Your IPv6 is: Not Detected

With:

ISP: Branson Media Limited
Host Name: [removed].cable.virginm.net
ASN: 5089

See what the host name says as it could be the RDNS is wrong, which a couple of others have reported causing speed problems too.

RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Hi Donaldo,
Your synch speeds are excellent, at the maximum for FTTC, so I doubt your issue is related to the installation of FTTP.
Can I ask if the speedtests were undertaken over WiFi or a wired connection?
If over WiFi what are the speeds over an Ethernet connection?
Have you rasied a fault with Plusnet?
If not there is a troubleshooting process at https://faults.plus.net which should raise a fault ticket depending on the answers to the questions/test steps.
as your synch speeds are excellent I doubt you need to try using the BT test socket etc.
Regards
Richard