cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm joining from Sky

dnpark38
Rising Star

I'm joining from Sky

Hi just signed up for Plusnet fibre BB and phone which are on Sky at present as my first year of special prices is up following been bought by Sky from Be.
Anyone reading transferred from Sky to Plusnet with any advise on what I should or not do please?
I have not told Sky as the Plusnet FAQ said Plusnet would do that.
Surprised that OR will have to visit me during an afternoon between 1pm and 6pm.
Will my present phone and BB work up to the time he arrives?
Will both be working on Plusnet when he leaves?
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/1476198475230638155-mini.png
7 REPLIES 7
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: I'm joining from Sky

Welcome aboard Smiley
I have not told Sky as the Plusnet FAQ said Plusnet would do that.

Might be worth notifying them to ensure that all form of billing is closed down. They may owe you for subscription overpayment.
Surprised that OR will have to visit me during an afternoon between 1pm and 6pm.

Often spoken about as self installs should theoretically be available. We will need the engineer to provide you with a modem, as with Plusnet the modem and the router are two separate pieces of hardware. Correct me if I'm wrong, but do Sky use an all in one?
Will my present phone and BB work up to the time he arrives?

Yes, provided that the order is placed right. Feel free to message me to check for you once that you receive an email with order references.
Will both be working on Plusnet when he leaves?

Yes.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

I came from Sky in December. I was told not to tell Sky about the move, leave it to +Net as otherwise it could trigger a cancellation of the broadband and not a transfer. About a week later, we received a letter from Sky about the move and telling us what to do if we didn't want to transfer away.
Kept our old Sky provided telephone number, all completed quite quickly. We were already on fibre and had the email about the OR visit, but it was not needed. Ask CS to confirm if you will need a visit if you are already on Sky fibre, no point waiting in for no reason.
Don't forget, Sky bill 1 month in advance. We recalled our direct debit as even though they had the required 30 days notice of departure, we were still billed the next 30 days after migrating with the promise of it being refunded the next month. I think not!!
Mark
dnpark38
Rising Star

Thank you
Since posting I have received a cancellation e-mail from Sky, so that confirms Plusnet contacted them.
"We'll stop your broadband service on 10/03/2015 and will remove it from your phone line around 10 working days later."  It gets more confusing as it goes on, regarding MAC and I'm not able to place an order on an ISP until after that.  (That date is the date given by Plusnet for OR).
With Sky it was self install and just one hub in the same way as my Be adsl was one router.
Marksfish
As I'm ex-Be I'm on a one month contract and next payment is due 12 March, so will see if Sky take further payment.
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

So you;re not already on fibre then? That means you will have the pleasure of a BT visit to fit a new faceplate and provide your fibre modem as self install is not yet offered. The PN router will arrive under separate cover. Am I right in thinking that as an ex Be customer you were not on the Sky LLU system? If moving from LLU, you wouldn't need a MAC, but if still on the BT line you would. It sounds like Sky are ceasing your service rather than transferring it, but I may be wrong.
Mark
dnpark38
Rising Star

Sorry, I'm on normal Sky fibre un-limited up to 38Mb. and ordered the Plusnet up to 38Mb. fibre.
Apparently as I'm 1 Km from the cabinet  the up to 76Mb would be of no use to me.
Sky's SR102 router which I have does ADSL and Fibre in one Hub and is DIY install, I do have the OR master socket with the V2 filtered Faceplate.
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro

You will need to make sure you have a OR modem before/ at activation, as PN do not have a all in one yet.
dnpark38
Rising Star

Just received a second e-mail from Plusnet confirming the phone and BB activation dates the same as the day OR visit.
Must say I'm impressed with the clarity of the Plusnet communications.