Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm being over-charged on the agreed amount for new contract

irritablegit
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I'm being over-charged on the agreed amount for new contract

I'm fed up with waiting for someone to answer the phone or the chat when I try to complain, so here it is for the Plusnet staff to see.

This is what was agreed in November 2018 ...

£27.99 18 month contract 66MB broadband and line rental (no activation fee) "BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL"
However, I'm being charged £39.98 per month.  I only agreed to switch because £27.99 was the price.

Please refund the excess immediately and ensure I'm billed the correct amount for the remainder of the contract.

9 REPLIES 9
irritablegit
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: I'm being over-charged on the agreed amount for new contract

A couple of minutes after posting the above, someone actually answered the phone …

BUT 20 minutes after posting, still no-one had responded on the chat …

Anyway, [CSA Removed] has the billing problem in hand, so thank you

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

PJW
Dabbler

You're not alone in being overcharged after a new contract renewal. Both myself and my Son have experienced the same problem! I believe my issue has been resolved but have been unable to get through to PN to report his issue (Live Chat not available......again) and 20 minute wait on the phone..... again. I wonder how many others are affected?

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @irritablegit,

I'm sorry that your bills were incorrect and for the trouble that you had getting through to us over the phone and via live chat. I'll pass on feedback about your poor experience here. I'm pleased to hear that our customer service team now have this in hand.

@PJW, I'm sorry that you've had similar issues in terms of your bills being incorrect and being unable to get hold of an advisor. I've checked your account and I can confirm that our customer service team now have ownership of this for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
PJW
Dabbler

@EmilyD , 'customer service team', beginning to think that's an oxymoron. Third month of overcharge for us both, being told to wait until it's fixed. Asked for a 'Deadlock Letter" and have to jump through other hoops to get that. 

"we'll do you proud" what a joke that is...

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @PJW I'm sorry to hear that you feel that the support you've received hasn't been up to par.

I've had a look at the ticket under ownership with the customer support team, and I can see that they have advised you on the correct process which is that it has to be escalated to a manager.

I am truly sorry for any inconvenience caused.

PJW
Dabbler

Pleased to report, finally seems to be sorted as far as billing is concerned although I believe I'm still owed a refund for February...

Satss
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 37

Hi @PJW I'm glad that's been resolved for you. I have checked your account and processed that refund for you now.

Kind Regards,

SimonDT

Hello @Satss , please be so kind as to review my latest bill since I have the same issues and am concerned that the fault hasn't been fixed and not only am I being overcharged but the refund has not been correctly applied. Thank you

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Simon, I'm sorry to see we've got your bill wrong. I believe I've sorted this for you now and as my reply contains account information I've created a ticket on your account with more information which you can view here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=188392732

Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet