cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have to wait a month to get my line "activated"?

flock3

I have to wait a month to get my line "activated"?

Ohh Plusnet.
How disappoint I am.
So I ordered Plusnet for my new place back in November (sadly, no VM in the area) - picked install date of the 15th of Dec for my broadband (three days after I move in).
Told on the 16th of Dec, that my broadband wouldn't actually go live on the 15th of Dec, instead, it would go live on the 4th of Jan, with a window of 4-5 working days after that being the time that my broadband was actually activated!
I have had to sod off and spend £70 on some crappy 4G access point, because there's no way I can work from home without bloody broadband, and tethering off my phone was costing me a fortune.
How could plusnet have not told me this when I ordered? It was in November! I could have paid to have a leased bloody line installed in the same time. Granted it would have cost me 2 grand, but at least it would be active!
Grrr
Plusnet. Sort it out.
Also, I've tried to phone twice in as many days, and both times been greeted by a 30 minute wait (which I sadly do not have time to sit around and wait for).
*Edit - This should me moved to Fibre rather than ADSL.
3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: I have to wait a month to get my line "activated"?

I can see the broadband order is committed for the 31st now.
Sorry for the delay.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Clairetommy

I was also told when I ordered phone and broadband would be live on same day and now broadband has been held back and won't be activated until 6th January, phone bills will be extortionate for extra data and my daughters won't get use of their Xmas presents for 2 weeks! Iv had a call from virgin today saying they can get me live before Tuesday but can't get through to cancel with plusnet!
grandadsshed
Dabbler

i have the same problem , its not good enough , the line was connected on the 15th dec , then told i will have to wait untill jan before i get broadband and phone.
the job was started and booked for the 15th, but not finished, Angry Angry Angry Angry
i probably will end up cansilling as plusnet have broken the contract.