Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't get fibre despite BT Wholesale saying it's available

FIXED
Sheddyian
Grafter

Re: I can't get fibre despite BT Wholesale saying it's available

Many thanks.

The issue appears from my end that there is now capacity, as a new cabinet has recently been installed.  Originally an address check showed no capacity, which I accepted.  Then this changed to offering me 59mb (but only via address check, phone no. check didn't show FTTC at all! This has now changed again, and a phone check shows no capacity.  But how can this be, as the extra cabinet has only been there for a month or so?

If I go to the BT Broadband retail site, enter my details (including phone number) it offers me FTTC deals of around 40mb.  Previously it would only offer me ADSL, as did Plusnet.

So, yes, I'm hoping it's a mistake Smiley

Thanks,

Ian

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@Sheddyian

Just because the new cabinet has been in for a month doesn't mean it's been commissioned. You're just going to have to check daily and hope it's not too soon before the new capacity is available.

Brian

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

From what I can see using your telephone number DSL Checker advises FTTC should be available from Sunday.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Sheddyian
Grafter

That's fantastic, thank you for that news.

So, on (or just after) Sunday, should I be able to just go to the plusnet site and order fibre, or is there anything else I need to do first?

Thanks

Ian

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

No problems Ian. Yeah either online or by calling our customer options team on 0800 013 2632 though it may be worth checking Here first using your landline number just to make sure FTTC is available. Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Sheddyian
Grafter

Mid morning Monday I was disappointed to see the availability status had returned to "waiting list" but by the end of the day, it was "available" and I have now successfully placed an order for fibre on my line.

Many thanks for your help

Ian