Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge drop off in broadband speed

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Huge drop off in broadband speed

It happens from time to time where you can still get online with a router in setup mode but at a reduced speed. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mechee
Hooked

That worked and got us back to 15Mbps which is great. I'd like to get the full 20-30 but due to the pandemic I don't want an engineer in the house right now. Is it possible to pause the visit until a later date? What would they do in person that can't be done remotely, inspect the socket/hub?

Thanks for your help anyway.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Excellent! I'm happy to see you've got a faster speed now. If we book an engineer visit and you're not comfortable with an engineer visiting you yet, the engineer should be able to do what they can to investigate from the outside, but they may not be able to carry out a thorough investigation without getting to your master telephone socket.

They'd generally like to do end to end testing from the master socket to try to pinpoint a problem on the line.

As you've had your router a good amount of time now, I can arrange for us to send you a replacement if you'd want? That'll at least rule out or confirm an issue with your existing router and the posty can just drop it through the door for you. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet