cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge drop in sync speed this past week with an increase in rate of CRC errors.

ErTnEc
Grafter

Huge drop in sync speed this past week with an increase in rate of CRC errors.

My connection has had a massive drop in speed this past week, from 57mbps to 48mbps, SNR has also increases from around 5db to 8db.  Attainable rate however appears to have remained steady (except for when DLM kicked in) at around 58.5mbps average.

Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 10.17.16.png

Are there any issues showing as to what may be causing this?  Previously, the last time this happened, it was a line fault at the entrance to the property where the jelly crimps were corroded & replaced, which reduced the hit on CRC errors at the time.

2 REPLIES 2
GoStar11

Re: Huge drop in sync speed this past week with an increase in rate of CRC errors.

I've been experiencing huge drops in speed recently.
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Huge drop in sync speed this past week with an increase in rate of CRC errors.

Hi guys,

Sorry for any inconvenience this is causing. Together with our network partners at Openreach we are prioritising customers who don’t have a phone line or broadband connection, meaning there might be a delay in Speed Faults being fixed. In the meantime, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team