Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge drop in download/upload speed

Shuppy
Hooked

Huge drop in download/upload speed

Hi,

I've been connected at a solid 76Mbps Down / 15Mbps Up for the past 3 years or so in my property and have never had any major problems with my line. Around 30 minutes ago my router re-synced at a much slower speed (33Mbps Down / 3Mbps Up)

I'm connected by Cat6 to my router, my router is connected to the newer 5C faceplate and the master socket is not connected to any of the other telephone sockets in my house as I never use them. (shouldn't be an internal wiring issue)

What are my line stats like on your end? Is it possible to get an engineer to look at this? I also find it a bit weird that my attenuation has increased dramatically, I didn't know that copper lines could grow that much in length in just a split second Roll_eyes

2 REPLIES 2
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Huge drop in download/upload speed

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry to hear your download speeds have dropped.

We've tested your line and located an external fault on the line which will most likely be the cause of the speeds dropping.

This has been passed to our suppliers so they can investigate further and we'll update you as soon as we know more

Apologies for any inconvenience caused

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Shuppy
Hooked

Re: Huge drop in download/upload speed

Thank you for the reply, I'll let you know if anything changes on my end in the following days