cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge Increase in Upstream Error Seconds

JamesK1975

Huge Increase in Upstream Error Seconds

Hi All,

I've been with Plusnet for just over 2 weeks and had no issues so far. I've had Fibre broadband at my property for around 5 years. The line is always stable, and I manage to get around 40mb download speeds, so opted for the 38mb service from Plusnet. The line is on fastpath, with around 1,000 downstream error seconds per day, and less than 10 upstream. The line never resyncs. I monitor the linestats on the HG612 modem and upload them to MDWS. 

However, something has happened on the line since around 6pm last night. The upstream error seconds have gone through the roof. Between 6pm and midnight there 2,500 ES on the upstream. Since midnight, until now at 11:50am, there's over 12,000 and rising rapidly.

The downstream ES remain unchanged and completely normal for my line. The Severely ES count is also unchanged on both downstream and upstream.

I'm concerned something is very wrong with my line. I'm certain DLM is going to take action for this, but I don't understand why only upstream is affected, and what could be affecting it so badly.

Would appreciate some advice here.

Many Thanks...

3 REPLIES 3
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Huge Increase in Upstream Error Seconds

Hi @JamesK1975

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear about the errors that you observed on your line throughout the night.

I've just tested your line and the number of error seconds was much, much lower (5 up, 14 down) so whatever was causing the spike last night seems to have now dissipated.

Could you continue to monitor the connection and get in touch if this reoccurs? We'll be happy to run a line test again in real time if you touch base through any of our contact channels.

Best Wishes,

Dave

JamesK1975

Thanks for the quick response. Upon advise I rebooted the modem about an hour ago, and the errors have all but stopped. My concern now is that DLM will respond with banding and interleaving tomorrow as the 12,000 errors is well above the 2,800 threshold allowed on the speed profile.

Many Thanks... James

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @JamesK1975

No problem at all.

I understand your concern regarding the profile - if you see any issues just let us know and we'll get it sorted.

All the best,

Dave