cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub

WillWord
Hooked

Hub

I have the new Hub one, quick question the WPS icon (below the long blue light) remains visible (orange) continually, is this normal ?  Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Re: Hub

If you press the WPS button, top right, it should go off. Press it again and it will come back on.
WillWord
Hooked

Hi tried that yesterday and just tried again, WPS flashes for about 2mins in search mode? then goes back to constant on, I asked the question because web pages are taking  longer than normal to load even though my speeds are as expected.
Other things I have tried, reboot Hub 1. Connect via Ethernet cable instead of Wireless. Thanks for your input,

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

in the manual there's a list of what the lights mean, mines up the loft so can't check.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Just had a look online at the HH5 manual, seems if the Orange Wi-Fi light is on then Wi-Fi security on one or both Wi-Fi channels may be missing. You need to log on to the router and check the settings.
WillWord
Hooked

Duh, sorry should have thought of that, just found my manual, " you've switched off wireless security for one or both channels" makes sense as on installation, only one device could connect at a time, after 45 mins with telephone support only solution to connect all my devices was to switch off the 5GHz band, would not work with dual band in operation. I do not require the 5GHz band so I followed his advise, to be fair apparentlyI was his first Hub 1 call. Still does not solve my flaky loading of web pages. Thanks for pointing me towards the manual.