Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub says connected but cannot connect to internet

FIXED
Rosie134
Hooked

Hub says connected but cannot connect to internet

This is a recurring issue. Every month or so, usually in the early hours of the morning, my router light will turn orange. I'm then told to log into the hub which I do. The light turns blue and the hub says I'm connected but I'm not connected to the internet. My username changes to setup@plusdsl.net and if I try to change it back it the light turns orange again and it won't connect at all. Most of the time it eventually works but tonight it isn't. This is becoming ridiculous. It's been happening for over a year. Thanks for any help.
2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: Hub says connected but cannot connect to internet

@Rosie134 

It looks like your router has disappeard from the Plusnet database. No doubt a Plusnet staffer will come along and fix that for you.

In the meantime, if you need to reset your log in details yourself you must first disconnect the DSL by either using the disconnect field in the router settings or removing the DSL cable. If you then enter your Plusnet details and reconnect you should find that it works.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Hub says connected but cannot connect to internet

Fix

Hi @Rosie134, thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry for the issues you've been having. It looks like you're now back up and running; I've tested the line just to ensure there's nothing underlying but everything has come back OK.

I have removed and re-added your router details back on to your account, so we'll see if this stops it occurring again.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team