cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub says connected but cannot connect to internet

Sez21mum

Hub says connected but cannot connect to internet

Hope someone can help please.
Transfer day was yesterday. Previous fibre was turned off in the morning, shortly after receiving an email and text to say our phone had been transfered. Then just after 6pm receiving text amd email that the fibre was now up and running.
We tried to connect devices to the hub, mobile via wifi and our amazon box via ethernet as we use this as our tv, connecting to the actual hub by either method is fine but then the setup page pops up. The problems have been constant since then.
If it will get to setup page, on the odd occassion it will get to the 'done' page but we can still not connect. Surprisingly it will connect to the main plusnet site and to hub mamager - both showing internet connected. But we cannot go to other sites including this community site, or even to download the plusnet assist via laptop and ethernet.
Sometimes we cannot get the setup to show, nor connect. Majority of the time, the first page of setup will stay on with the turning wheel (telling us to make a cup of tea and come back). The first time we left for 2 hours with the wheel turning, so we restarted the hub. After several devices showing the 'done' page it would not connect. Restarted again but unplugging the hub. The wheel turning page stayed on from 11pm ish until 8am this morning when i tried to restart hub via ethernet/laptop. It will still not connect.
On turning the hub on, it goes to flashing orange, steady orange with orange broadband 'b', the 'b' then stops and the light then goes blue. Same with each attempt.
We have a dual socket and have tried the cable coming from that, and also tried using the seperate cable in the top dsl hole to hub, again makes no difference. We read we did not require to use the bt modem as the hub one has this intergrated.
Please help.
Sarah
4 REPLIES 4
southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Hub says connected but cannot connect to internet

Hi Sarah,
Does your Hub home page look like the attached where you have your Plusnet username followed by @plusdsl.net as your Broadband Username ? If the @plusdsl.net domain is different it might be auto set-up has failed for some reason and the hub's only connecting to Plusnet's auto router set-up server and so you wouldn't have any internet access then.
If this is the problem try hitting the Disconnect button, goto Advanced Settings, Broadband, try manually filling out your Broadband Username (Plusnet username) followed by @plusdsl.net & Password and try clicking Connect.
Sez21mum

Hi woodm, thank you fpr trying to help.
The hub shows setup@plusdsl.net when connected. I disconnected and changed this to my plusnet username only and it will not connect. I then retyped with my passwwithand it will not connect, it keeps refreshing with the hub on orange with the oramge 'b'.  As soon as i clicked reset, it reverted to the setup@plusdsl.net amd showed as connected.
On wifi, my mobile went back to the setup page and has been on the wheel turning since (attached photo of the page it sticks on).
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Can you try 1 more reset of the router now and allow this to set up. It should work this time.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Sez21mum

Hi Chris.
It worked  Smiley it has just connected withup a setup page showing. Both mobile, laptop and our amazon tv box are all showing connected.
Thank you very much.
Sarah