cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub one reverts to previous username

Ollie222

Hub one reverts to previous username

I have Plusnet fibre with a modem and TG582n setup and I've just tested a Hub One router from another Plusnet fibre connection.
After setting it up and entering my username and password it was all up and working but then after a short while the router reverted to the original username.
In this instance it's not a problem as I've tested what I wanted to but for future reference am I correct in thinking that a Hub One will do this from time to time. Is there anyway to stop it doing this?
I saw mention of similar in the HH5 thread https://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,135840.msg1232759.html#msg1232759
8 REPLIES 8
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Hub one reverts to previous username

Hi Ollie222,
It's not actually a problem as each router is linked to the account it was dispatched for for the purpose of auto-configuration.
So what you saw was our TR069 platform matching the original account against the serial number for that particular router.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Ollie222

Thanks for the quick reply.
That makes sense however does the system keep trying to periodically update the details to match the original account? If so then presumably the routers are effectively locked to the original connection and can't be used elsewhere.
I also noted that once my connection connected using the original details it disconnected the other line, presumably it understandably doesn't want two connections using the same details or there is an issue with static ips.
mav:quote
Anonymous
Not applicable

@'Adam',  if 'Ollie222' provided you with the router's serial number, would you be able to either -

• disable TR069 (as he is happy doing the settings manually),
    or
  • could you update the TR069 database to associate the account of 'Ollie222' to the router's serial number ?

Ollie222

This would be interesting to know for future use.
Disabling the TR069 for this router would be useful as it would allow the router to be tested on other connections?
mav:quote
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Can't you do that from the portal (login required) yourself?
Phil

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@'pjmarsh', I guess that would be possible if 'Ollie222' knows the Plusnet account password of the router's previous owner  Shocked
Ollie222

Quote from: pjmarsh
Can't you do that from the portal (login required) yourself?
Phil

Thanks for that, I'd never seen that page before and even knowing about it now I can't find a link to it from inside the member centre.
I do have access to the original account that the router came from as it's a business account that I admin. We had problems with the connection and Plusnet sent another router out which didn't fix the issue immediately but then the problem went away shortly afterwards. I'm was trying to test to see if the original router was actually at fault or not.
I have logged into the account the router came from and disabled the auto setup on it. It's worth noting that as soon as you do this it disconnects the router on the original line even if it's working with the correct credentials.
Thanks for the help everyone, it's been very useful.
Ollie222

Just to add in case it helps others in future the automatic setup option is available in the member centre under connection settings.