cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub one bridged to Asus rtac68u

Fad1p

Hub one bridged to Asus rtac68u

Hi

I am using Asus RT68U as my main router. Can i connect the hubone as a bridge only???? (Help to extend the WIFI range.....
8 REPLIES 8
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Hub one bridged to Asus rtac68u

I don't know, I believe you can configure it as a WAP. You could of course do it the other way around and use the Asus as the bridge.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Fad1p

How can i configure it as a wap? I prefer using the asus as the main router...
Baldrick1

Try this: https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Using-a-2nd-Plusnet-Hub1-as-a-Wireless-Access-point/m-p/1385....

Moderator and Customer

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

The Hub 1 can't be configured to bridge mode, however you could try plugging the Asus into one of the Lan ports of the Hub 1. Not sure which IP range the Asus uses, so you may have to swap ranges on one of the routers, my Netgear did it automatically. As long as you are not doing anything too complex it should work, however the techies will warn you against doing this due to double NATTING - thankfully it did not cause any problems for me.

Fad1p

Thank you for your reply.

The reason i prefer the asus rtac68u being my main router is because the wifi range is further.

Am i right to assume WAP is differemt to bridging? What i find is when you create anotger access point sometimes the client takes a bit of time to move from one network to the other even if the name is the same.

Also i believe the range the asus router is 192.168.1.2 - 192.168.1.254.....
Baldrick1

I assumine that what you want is for the Hub One to connect to your Asus router wirelessly, with a WAP the two are connected together with an Ethernet cable (or Powerline units if your're lucky enough to get them to work without too many issues).using LAN sockets at each end.

With respect to the Client hanging on to a degrading signal even though you are using the same SSID, are the two routers using the same wireless channel? I do not know what the implications are but I would try using both the same and different channels (you can select the channel manually in the router), to see what the effect is.

Moderator and Customer

Fad1p

Yea i was hoping to connect the router together by a powerline adaptor. Im assuming the ethernet would go into the lan port 1 into the asus router. Connected to the powerline.

Then downstairs the other powerline would connect to the lan port one on the hub one....

But for the settings how do i programme this on the hub one? Any instructions or a link would be greatly appreciated
Baldrick1

Thats what I sent you here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Hub-one-bridged-to-Asus-rtac68u/m-p/1515791#M72518!

Moderator and Customer