cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub dropping out

Stu777

Hub dropping out

Hi,

I've just switched over to PlusNet from TalkTalk and every day this week the hub has dropped out (normally overnight but once during the day).  Every time the light has gone orange with the b symbol lit up and I've had to go in as admin and put the password back in.  Runs fine for hours with good speeds and then drops out, didn't have this issue with previous provider,  Is there anyone who can explain what to do as its getting to be a bit annoying, the log on ipad looks as is there has been much activity

Thanks

Stu777

7 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 195

Re: Hub dropping out

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

Our tests are showing a external fault on the line so we've raised it for investigation

We'll update you when we know more

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Stu777

Hi,

Openreach texted me on Friday to say that they have completed the work but the hub still drops out at night and I have to put my password in every morning which is getting a bit annoying now when I go to use the internet.

Please advise

Regards

Stu777

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 20

Hi @Stu777 

I've raised this back to our supplier as it is quite clear this issue is still present, take a look at a visual read out of your RADIUS; 

The pattern of regular drops at 5:15ish AM looks suspiciously like SHINE - however we can't jump to conclusions and we need to wait and see what the engineer visit notes say and then go from there. Generally these types of SHINE bursts will cause line errors such as CRC's or errored seconds and may go un-noticed, but they can be sufficient to knock a broadband connection out completely (which seems to be the case here if indeed this is SHINE) causing the line to re-sync. The router should manage to automatically re authenticate itself without you having to manually enter your credentials after this happens - this is something we will have to look into after the engineer visit as well. 

More info can be found on the ticket here and we will keep updating it with relevant information as and when we receive it. 

Please accept my apologies, and thank you for the patience and understanding you have shown whilst we have been working on this issue. 

Thanks

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alisdair C
 Plusnet Help Team
Stu777

Hi,

Openreach spent the best part of Wednesday testing the line and checking it and believe they have resolved all issues in respect of the installation however the broadband continues to go off overnight requiring a password to reset.  This morning we also have no dialling tone, not sure if that is connected and we have reported it separately to this.

The engineer is certain that it isn't SHINE affecting the broadband but believes it possibly to be REIN which is pretty much impossible to solve without an engineer camped out in your house.  We have turned various things off over the past few days to start eliminating devices that are the source - We never had this issue before with talktalk.  We believe the source isn't in our house so finding it will be difficult.  However,that said, I think we could live it going off at 5.15am as long as it reset itself.

In the previous part of this thread you believed that the hub should automatically re authenticate itself without you having to manually enter your credentials after this happens.  If the line issue is cleared perhaps the focus could be on this as this is the most irritating part of it.

Thanks

Regards

Stu777

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 414

Hi @Stu777

I'm sorry to hear you're still having issues.

Line tests aren't showing a problem now, do you still have no dialling tone?

With regards to your router needing to be manually setup often, I've re-added your router details into our TR069 management system which manages the automatic setup. Could you factory reset your router by pushing  a paperclip into the reset hole at the back for 20 seconds letting us know if the problem occurs still?

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
Stu777

Hi,

Many thanks,

Reset seems to have worked, router hasn't gone off over the weekend

Thanks

Stu777

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 414

Glad to hear that Stu! Thanks for letting us know.

Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team