cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One sounds like crickets live inside it!

theopapa32
Hooked

Hub One sounds like crickets live inside it!

Hi all,

I'm a new customer to Plusnet and a previous BT one. My services have all finally been switched over, and so far i'm very happy with everything here. I keep my router upstairs in my bedroom as that is where my master socket is located. Earlier today, i was in my room and carried out a speedtest just to see how things are settling in. I have split my 2.4 ghz signal from my 5ghz one. As i did a test on my 5ghz signal, the router was making noises which sounded like stick insects. Every time i run a speedtest or download anything large on the 5ghz network the router makes a noise. It also makes noises on the 2.4ghz but not as loud. I have read up on this issue on the site and many people have had a replacement router which has rectified the issue, but i have also read that this has happened on replacements too. I contacted Plusnet and a new router is being sent out to me which i'm chuffed about. I just wanted to know if anyone recently has experienced this problem, and is there anything else causing this other than a manufacturing or firmware fault? I had the hub 5 while on BT which is literally the same router and i have never experienced this!

2 REPLIES 2
LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: Hub One sounds like crickets live inside it!

Dont know anything about the noise, but you can use the BT Home Hub 5 or 6 with Plusnet 

see

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Use-a-BT-Hub-2-3-4-or-5-on-a-Plusnet-connection/td-p/1192234

theopapa32
Hooked

Re: Hub One sounds like crickets live inside it!

It's a mystery, i've searched the forum and there's many pages of people who have complained. I have a new Hub One in the post, i'll plug it in and see how it goes, otherwise i'll follow the instructions on that link. Cheers for that!