Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One losing connection every 20 minutes or so

Parzival
Dabbler

Hub One losing connection every 20 minutes or so

Hi

We got an upgrade to the new Hub One around a month ago (from the technicolor). Everything seemed to go well, but notice wifi devices lose connection for around 30 second to a minute. Then all springs back into life. Its very frustrating! They don't drop the connection to the wifi network, they just stop loading pages, can't ping anything external etc 

I have the default auto channel set and both 2.4 and 5Ghz running on the same SSID - it's happening on both 2.4 and 5 devices too

Has anyone experienced this or can suggest any possible fixes?

I'm wondering if they channels keep switching, there are a lot of routers in my neighbourhood. Can channel switching cause this?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: Hub One losing connection every 20 minutes or so

Hey there. Have you tried manually selecting a channel? Best ones are 1, 6 and 11. Other available networks nearby will cause interference if they're using the same channel.
You could also try splitting the 2.4ghz and 5ghz networks, change the SSIDs and then connect your devices to the 5ghz one.
Hope this helps
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
nadger
Rising Star

@Parzival I've been using Hub One since 5th Jan and it's proved extremely stable.

I've split SSID by adding a 5 digit to 5Ghz channel eg PLUSNET- ****5

I use 5Ghz where possible

Parzival
Dabbler

Thank you for the replies. I will try setting fixed channels first as I prefer the idea of one SSID, but split if that doesn't work. 

Either way I will report back my results Cheesy

Thanks again

Parzival
Dabbler

Well happy to report this seems to have improved things. Shame I have to have 2 different SSIDs - I rather liked the automatic side to this, but at least the devices are staying connected. 

Thanks for the help !