Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One keeps resyncing

FIXED
wakeman
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Hub One keeps resyncing

The Hub One of late seems to be doing a re sync every night and some times during the day.

I have an existing fault call open 

Question #200718626 

Been open for nearly three weeks, speeds started to improved but are now dropping but to almost my minimum speed. This is becoming unacceptable. We are at risk customers. IP profile is wrong again. used to get 25.6 down now near 17 again. even upload has now got worse. 

17 REPLIES 17
wakeman
Aspiring Pro

Re: Hub One keeps resyncing

My speed is now down to Minimum guaranteed speed. This is unacceptable. Plus I seem to now seem to be routed via London, rather then more locally. IP profile is wrong again.

We are a high at risk customer.

Tags (1)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I'm really sorry about the issue with your reduced sync speeds. The IP profile does appear to be correct but an underlying fault is causing the speeds to have reduced, due to how our network operates a speed test will show you as being in London but that's where some of our hardware is located and doesn't mean your connection is routed that way physically so don't worry about that it's quite normal. I've arranged for an engineer to look into it for us tomorrow and I'll be in touch afterwards to follow things up as needed. I've added more information to the ticket on your account.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
wakeman
Aspiring Pro

Fix

Although the Openreach engineer came and found a fault in the box on the side of the property, poor connection and partly corroded. he said he tested the line and it was now a much faster throughput near 30 mb.

I am still only getting 18 mb download, below my minimum speed. The routers helpdesk page says I should be getting a faster download as well.

Should I do a full shutdown of the router for a period of time and then restart it? Just concerned if I do this it will again trigger a reduction in speed.

Bear in mind we are high risk customer.

Tags (2)
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

HI @wakeman, I am sorry that you are still having some issues. We are seeing a stable connection and a test today shows a sync speed of 26mb.

I would advise continuing to monitor this for the time being and have added a further response to your open ticket.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
wakeman
Aspiring Pro

I have added a note to my fault ticket pointing out you still have my minimum speed on my account wrong and provide a reference to my contract email with the correct information.

You have also not answered my question as to if I should restart the router  i.e. shutdown for say an hour and back on. to force a resync.

Tags (2)
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @wakeman, I can see my colleague who ownership of your ticket has picked this up and responded for you today.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
wakeman
Aspiring Pro

Saw the message on the ticket and responded as not happy with the response. I had quoted the original ticket that formed the basis of my current contract - thus a *legal* document. So minimum speed still wrong based on the contract we have. My download speed is still not fully restored sadly. I should have a throughput of at least 28 mbps and thus a download speed of about 25.6 Mbps, currently throughput is showing 25 Mbps but download of just over 20 Mbps. Openreach engineer said he was seeing a throughput of 29 Mbps + when he fixed the line.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks for getting back to us. Please bear with me and I'll have a look into this for you and will get back to you on the ticket as soon as I can. - Adam

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
wakeman
Aspiring Pro

I have heard nothing since, your post @adamwalker  on Monday, and no update added to the ticket either. relating to the incorrect minimum guaranteed speed on my account

Can you reset the line to the maximum I should be able to get.So I can get my normal downloads speed back?

Tags (1)
Tibzor
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 25

Hi @wakeman

Sorry to hear that you still have problems with your broadband.

I can see that Adam commented on this ticket earlier today.

Please accept apologies for this inconvenience.

wakeman
Aspiring Pro

I have responded to the ticket update by @adamwalker , and done the speed test which has the IP Profile wrong as explained in the ticket. Openreach when he tested the line he was getting a profile of 29Mbps, not 21.31 which is what the test is saying.

Tags (1)
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @wakeman,

I can see that my colleague, Adam, has responded to the ticket further this morning.

Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
wakeman
Aspiring Pro

I have updated the ticket, I am still not seeing the throughput of 28mbps you state. Maybe another fault somewhere, what do you suggest.

Tags (1)
wakeman
Aspiring Pro

@adamwalker Have added an additional note to the ticket. Its almost as if my line is being banded down.  Can this be looked into be and banding removed.

Tags (1)