cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One firmware update

FIXED
w3bbl0k3

Re: Hub One firmware update

Could you please push a firmware update to me please?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @w3bbl0k3

Could I ask if you're having any problems with your connection or router and what firmware version you're on?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
w3bbl0k3

Hi @Gandalf,

No issues, I like others would like to keep the software up to date mainly for security reasons, I periodically check it. It's the 2017 version > Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2 | Last updated 17/11/17.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

I'd recommend doing a factory reset of your router and I'd expect it to be updated automatically in due course as we'll be pushing an update to all Hub One's connected to the hardware management system. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
revirdnhoj

Good morning PlusNet support. Hope it's OK to jump in on this thread. My aged mothers PlusNet connection is suffering from very poor, intermittent wifi performance. I've checked and the router is running "Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.217.1.1 | Last updated Unknown" which I think is a very old firmware. How can we get this updated please? Thanks

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hi @revirdnhoj

I've had a look at your connection today and I cant see any issues.

It could just be wireless interference or similar. So Before we would look to changing firmware we recommend you try the steps below to troubleshoot your connection problems.

First try changing the wireless channel you're connecting on to see if this gives you a more consistent wireless connection.

More information on changing wireless settings can be found here: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/router-user-guides/

If using a hub one router, it may also be worth de-syncing the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz connection frequencies by changing the SSID for one of them so your devices doesn't automatically try switching between these.

More information on de-syncing the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz connection frequencies can be found here: https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Router/Devices-stop-working-on-5-GHz-connection-Wifi-drops/m-p/1395...

Give this a go first and get back to us if you're still having problems Smiley