Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One firmware update

FIXED
Gerry
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Hub One firmware update

Hi, had my hub one for a few years now and it hasn't updated the firmware for at least 2 of them. I am on this f/w at the moment Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.226 | Last updated 15/10/2016.

When I look in the logs I see that when it tries to update there are a myriad of entries stating can't resolve host.

Do I need an update? Everything is working fine but I'd like to be up to date and all that.

Regards

Gerry.

35 REPLIES 35
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Re: Hub One firmware update

Hi @Gerry, thank you for your post and welcome to our Community Forums.

Having checked your account, I can see that one of the internal settings our end was set to 'disabled', which we believe is why you haven't received any updates.

I've enabled this setting now, and a quick factory reset should force the relevant updates through. For your convenience I've included instructions on how to do this below:

Factory resetting can be done by pressing a pin, cocktail stick etc.. into the "reset hole on the back of the router for 5-15 seconds. You should see the router reboot and then within a few minutes hopefully this may have resolved the issue you're seeing.

Please let us know how you get on.

iamtheonlyjim

Hello

I was wondering about this exact issue myself, could you do the same for me please if necessary, I'm on Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2 (Last updated 30/08/17).

Thanks!

Gerry
Rising Star

OK, done the factory reset, error messages have now gone. Wait and see if it updates.

Thanks

Gerry.

Gerry
Rising Star

Nothing as of yet. See if it updates overnight.

Gerry
Rising Star

@OskarPapa No updates overnight.

Do you have to push them through or should it happen automatically?

Gerry.

longedge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

So what is the current version? I'm showing - "Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2 Last updated Unknown". There is a TR069 session that shows completed succesfully every day in my log - is that relevant?

Gerry
Rising Star

That version is later than mine and I have a TR069 session completed where as before it couldn't resolve the host. Thought that might fix it but no update as of yet.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Gerry,

I'm sorry to hear it's not updated yet. I've raised this to our Products Team to look into and once we have a further update on this front we'll let you know.

@longedge and @iamtheonlyjim, it looks like your firmware is all up to date and there shouldn't be anything to worry about.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Fix

Hi @Gerry,

I've had confirmation from the team that that the correct firmware has been pushed out to your router now. If there's any problems please let us know.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Gerry
Rising Star

Yes, 9:40 this morning.

Many thanks for your help.

Gerry.

longedge
Aspiring Pro

Seems like you're sorted Gerry Smiley.

I don't understand how my router can be up to date but yet be showing firmware that is older than yours though?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@longedge, when did you last check? Wink

For the record, .237.2.2 is the latest build that has been fully deployed to everybody. Some have more recent firmware due to the approach being taken in upgrading devices, and the build that's being dispatched from the warehouse.

Unless people have some sort of issue that's fixed by an upgrade, then they're best sitting tight.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Gerry
Rising Star

@longedge

I wasn't not sorted so to speak. The router was working fine and has done for the last however long it last updated. Was just curios to the error messages in the log.

As far as I can tell there are no UI changes whatsoever and it performs exactly as it did before. If your logs are not showing any errors then if there is a killer update that the router needs then rest assured you'll get it.

Gerry.

longedge
Aspiring Pro

@bobpullen  OK thanks that explains the situation. I have just checked again and I still see "Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2 Last updated Unknown".

I'm perhaps a little over anxious sometimes after having my network hacked last year (using a netgear router then).