cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One connected but can’t reach internet

Lprice873
Hooked

Re: Hub One connected but can’t reach internet

So this continues, I've tried many different things. Using the IP address instead of the web address makes no difference to the devices, they can not access the internet (that includes web pages, email, twitter, app updates etc). I have received a new router but the issue still occurs. I believe it is the chip set and configuration of the router, a search provides this was a issue with the BT Home Hub which the Hub One is based. I have now purchased another router which I hope will resolve the issue, as I didn't have it previous to the Hub One, unfortunately those previous routers are locked to Vodafone and Sky.

OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @Lprice873, thanks for your post.

Whilst you of course shouldn't have had to buy a new router, has it helped to resolve the issue or does it persist?

davecolley
Dabbler

Hello  Lprice873 I have recently changed jobs and am now experiencing the same issue whereby connection via the works vpn stops internet access on all other devices.

Did buying a new router resolve? if so what did you purchase please?

To Plusnet, with a growing trend towards remote working and companies securing connections via VPN a solution needs to be provided to your customer base free of charge if the equipment you provide is not up to the job

Lprice873
Hooked

Hi,

I purchased the latest BT Hub on eBay, as it was relatively cheap (less than £30 I think) and I no longer have the issue.

Plusnet were unable to resolve the issue with updated security settings on the original hub or by sending a new Plusnet hub, I remain convinced it’s an issue with the firmware on their hub but it must only trigger for a smal number of customers.

davecolley
Dabbler

thanks for confirming