cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One authentication/disconnection issues, trying to use own router plus openreach modem

rosyatrandom

Hub One authentication/disconnection issues, trying to use own router plus openreach modem

Hi all, basically I've got two issues:

1. I'm lately having lots of issues with devices connected to the Hub One; some phones are dropping their connection, with a message saying that we need to sign into the router.

Rebooting the router seems to help, at least temporarily. I think the issue stems from having recently added a few Google Assistant/other WiFi devices, which might be overloading the router. Casting and management through Google Home is definitely severely impacted, too, with delays and breakdowns in visibility.

2. I've tried to replace the Hub One with my own TP-Link Archer C8, in combination with a modem.

My TP-Link 8817 in bridge mode doesn't seem to recognise the DSL signal, but while my OpenReach 1b modem seems happy, the C8 cannot make a connection through it (it's configured correctly, so far as I can tell).

Can anyone give me any pointers, on either of these?
2 REPLIES 2
Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Re: Hub One authentication/disconnection issues, trying to use own router plus openreach modem

@rosyatrandom  Welcome to the forum.

Presumably you are on a fibre connection? It would help if you give us a screenshot of the settings you have used on the C8.

An alternative approach is to use the C8 as an Access Point with your Hub One.

To do this log in to the C8 settings by connecting the C8 direct to a computer using either an Ethernet or wireless connection and log in using 192.168.0.1 in your browser address field.

Navigate to Advanced/DHCP/DHCP Settings and disable DHCP.

Log in to your Hub One advanced wireless settings and switch off both wireless channels. 

With an Ethernet cable connect one of the Hub One LAN sockets to a C8 LAN socket.

You should now be able to use the C8 as your Ethernet and wireless Access Point.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Hub One authentication/disconnection issues, trying to use own router plus openreach modem

Hi @rosyatrandom

I can't comment on the C8, but in terms of the Hub One, have you tried splitting out the wifi frequencies as per the thread here and then assigning some of your devices manually to the 5ghz strand to see if this helps manage the device load?

Thanks

Dave