cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One Wireless Shocking

nigel1971
Grafter

Hub One Wireless Shocking

Just renewed my contract with plusnet for a further 2 years, got a bit off my monthly amount and sent the Hub One.

Pros: i get 1meg faster download via ethernet now 75 down and near enough 19 up

Con: The wireless is rubbish to non existant for connecting.

I need a solution because this is no good for using around the house with my phone or laptop, the techicolour was miles better for wireless than what i have now. Plusnet you told me when i renewed i would get a much better experience with the Hub One than what i was on previously i'm a little non pleased.

Looks like i have no option to get a recomendation for a much better router than this or go back to the technicolour, any ideas? So far on the 3rd channel change on 11 from 6 & 1 previous, even the customer service agent said yeah the wireless isn't very good.

Thanks Plusnet Angry

9 REPLIES 9
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Hub One Wireless Shocking

Sorry to hear you've had issues with the Wi-Fi side of things.

Can you advise what sort of devices are having issues connecting?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

You would be better getting a WiFi app or program like 'inSSIDer' to see what else is transmitting in you area, then changing your routers channels to the least congested.

nigel1971
Grafter

Mainly the smartphone around the house wirelessly. if my prervious router was ok with wireless and now i'm using the hub then isn't the hub the issue?

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

No, smartphones receive, the don't transmit wifi, , but you may have neighbours who have stronger WiFi routers transmitting on the same signal as you router, especially if you live in a built up area. 

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Changing the channel might well work in some instances but with the Hub One doubtful. It's wireless performance is quite pathetic.

I had wifi problems, poor signal, constant wireless disconncts etc., with mine and carrying out all the recommended "solutions" did absolutely nothing.

After replacing it with a better purchased modem/router all the problems disappeared. The Hub One has been "binned."

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

All wireless devices both transmit and receive - it's a two way connection. There were quite a lot of complaints about the 582n's wireless performance back when it was the router that Plusnet supplied.

The other thing usually suggested is to give the 2.4GHz and 5GHz wireless networks different names.

southerner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Are you using 5Ghz or 2.4Ghz band on the Hub One? Just thinking the Technicolor router only did 2.4Ghz which, although isn't as fast as 5Ghz, reaches further than 5Ghz.

Jovin123
Grafter

You could have the technicolor in another room as a "slave" to the Hub One. I have a Draytek as main router with  mains n/w plugs for some devices which I wanted on wired connections.The tecnicolour is connected to draytek via this also. Both routers have same wifi logns but on different channels. DHCP is off on technicolor and has static ip outside of the Draytek DHCP range so all "routing" is done by the Draytek. Works well for me but may not suit everyone.

nigel1971
Grafter

Which router have you now got because i'm going to have to do the same thing i think. I changed to ch13 which is an empty one nobody else is on but although a little better it's pathetic.