cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One Port Forwarding

Andy-B

Hub One Port Forwarding

Hi

I've just upgraded from ADSL to fibre and been sent a "Hub One" from plusnet.

I need to access my home NAS when I'm away, so I set up port forwarding to it straight away.  The NAS used to be on a fixed address of its own (not using the DHCP) but I read that sometimes that causes problems so it's now on an IP fixed by the router instead.

With my ADSL connection I could access both the web interface of the NAS and via the built-in FTP server, the rest of the network.  I pay Plusnet for a fixed IP. I checked, and the IP is still being used by the new service.  So far so good.

Shooting for the web interface as a starter, I set up forwarding using the router's services and "HTTP Server" as well as "PPTP server" and even one I labelled "Port 80" just in case. 

Unfortunately when I try to access my fixed IP there's no response.  I tried contacting Plusnet's help but they refuse to get involved. (I'm disgusted by that but that's another matter)

So: Am I doing something wrong?  Could the new router be faulty?  Is the service just not available over fibre?  Could Plusnet have messed something up?

Thanks for any help

Andy

1 REPLY 1
Andy-B

Re: Hub One Port Forwarding

Oh bythe way I tried turning the firewall off altogether and still got nothing 😕