Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One Firmware Upgrade

druids57

Hub One Firmware Upgrade

Hi

I am having problems with my hub one.

I have upgraded fibre to cabinet and have a Hub One modem. I have heard there is a new firmware upgrade, but I don't seem to have it.

My current one says;

Plusnet Hub One | Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2 | Last updated 15/08/17

How do I get a firmware upgrade, or do I need a new modem for the fibre.

9 REPLIES 9
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Hub One Firmware Upgrade

Hi @druids57

Thanks for getting in touch.

Generally, the update should have auto-downloaded when it was released, but given that this hasn't happened yet for your router, my colleague @bobpullen may be able to assist with getting this updated manually.

Best wishes,

Dave

csrogue
Hooked

Could I get the update too?

Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.237.2.2 Last updated 04/08/17

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Exactly what problems are people having? The newer firmware update is in the process off being deployed but will take a while to reach everybody.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

druids57

My problem is it has not updated since I went fibre, and keep getting slow speeds, drop-offs etc.

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@druids57,

I've had a look at your account. The issue you're experiencing is nothing to do with the firmware of your router. Please have a look at this ticket and let us know once you've updated it with the information I've requested. 

@csrogue

I can already see your particular issues are being dealt with on the open ticket on the account. The new firmware will be auto pushed to your router when it's released, there should be nothing wrong with the versions you both have. 

csrogue
Hooked

I hoped it would fix whatever is going on with my router at the moment, line stats appear ok, yet throughput from the router fails speedtests on the bt wholesale site.  It also randomly buffers even when only 1 client streaming, yet line stats remain according to the router as fine.

Was clutching at straws and hoping a firmware update might kick it back to normal.  Ill continue troubleshooting through the ticket.

Just trying to get my issue resolved.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @csrogue,

Thank you for replying via the fault ticket on your account. I've booked your engineer visit for the earliest available suitable slot. I've confirmed the date and time slot on the ticket here and I've also sent a text to the contact mobile number on your account.

Our faults team will contact you after the appointment but please get in touch on here if there's anything that you'd like to discuss in the meantime.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
csrogue
Hooked

Please cancel the engineer visit. I already had an engineer out on Thursday. This is in the ticket. The engineer found no line fault, but said he would put on the report that the router should be replaced. I have tried calling the support line to follow up the visit. The line is busy due to staff shortages, and I am not well. Thanks for the response but please make sure there is not another engineer visit scheduled.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry for any confusion caused.

I've ordered you a new router and we'll get that to you as soon as possible

Let us know how you get on

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team