cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub One - DLNA not working

Fearless_Fish

Hub One - DLNA not working

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this problem, and if there was a known solution?

I have a Synology NAS running a Media Server, and a Yamaha AV Receiver which connects to the NAS via DLNA.

Since upgrading to Fibre and installing the Hub One, this no longer works (despite no settings changing on the NAS or Receiver). Oddly the NAS *did* appear on the Receiver when I rebooted the Hub but then vanished again once the Hub had fully rebooted - almost as though something on the Hub is blocking DLNA - and when this was shut down during the restart process DLNA briefly started working.

I've moved from Sky (where this worked fine - as it did on PlusNet before this). Any ideas?? I have my old Sky Router (model SR102) - would this work with PlusNet fibre if I can't resolve the issue on the Hub One?

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

Re: Hub One - DLNA not working

Are all IP addresses within the same subnet? IIRC the Sky routers used 192.168.0.x whereas the Hub One uses 192.168.1.x
Fearless_Fish

Re: Hub One - DLNA not working

Yep, moved all IP addresses over and that part is working fine.

I've just restarted my Hub again, and once again as soon as it starts shutting down the Receiver can see the NAS. Really odd. After restarting it was still there and worked! I could play an album! But now it's gone again...