Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 1 Inherant fault???

dickelliott
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Hub 1 Inherant fault???

Is there an inherant fault with the plusnet hub 1 router?Huh

For 4 years I have used my netgear router with download speeds reaching 58Mbps. Never a problem.

Last month i brought my phone line over to PN and took out their tv package and renewed by BB for another 2 year contract. Ever since changing the router I have had nothing but trouble. Download speeds are all over the place, the lowest speed has been 14Mbps and the highest 59. It's hasn't been stable at all. Also my line speed has dropped from 63 to 56 Mbps.

Raised a ticket with PN and was told that after their tests it MUST be interference with other things ie my home phone. Not accepting that as an excuse they are now sending me another router to try which i really don't hold out any hope of fixing the problem. Even my Iphone, which used to download at 55 Mbps now only does it at 30.

Having seen other posts about the hub 1 problems i.m pretty sure there must be an inherant fault with them.

It may be some help if PN were to raise my line profile to the 80 it says i should be getting rather than the 56 it's showing at the moment.

Anyone else got any suggestions????

6 REPLIES 6
gofaster
Rising Star

Re: Hub 1 Inherant fault???

@dickelliott wrote:

Anyone else got any suggestions????

Go back to using the Netgear router?

dickelliott
Grafter

Can't go back to the netgear router as it does not support IPTV so i'll not be able to get the plusnet youview extra channels that i have subscribed to

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Are you watching the IPTV channels when you've been carrying out the speed tests?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
dickelliott
Grafter

Hi, No i have made sure everything else was turned off before doing speed tests

bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Do the speedtests vary when done over wired ethernet connection?

Have you configured separate SSIDs for the 2.4 and 5 GHz wireless on the Hub One which may help?

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
dickelliott
Grafter

yes, have onfigured different SSIDs and make certainthat there are no overlapping channels and that hasn't make any difference. Fitted the new hub 1 router that came this morning. No difference with that either.