cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to screw up a fibre upgrade

johnwnice
Dabbler

How to screw up a fibre upgrade

It started when my upgrade was promised for 21 November, complete with confirmation Email.  No upgrade;  the Email was sent in error, apologies, the upgrade will be on 29 November.  Download speed stayed at its old ADSL value of 2.5MBit/s but an Email told me the upload speed was increased.  Router showed 23 down, 2 up, but still no increase. I gave up yesterday evening when Chat was down.  Tried again this morning.  I was told that Plusnet had failed to increase my download speed.  Apologies and try a router reset.  Now downloading at 21.  Bless'em.  I wonder if they could find their mouth without a torch and a mirror.

John

5 REPLIES
DJMC

Re: How to screw up a fibre upgrade

I think the whole of Plusnet Broadband has been down since 6.30pm yesterday. I tried phoning shortly thereafter and had a recorded message tell me the queue time was an hour - always a good indicator the whole system has gone down.

johnwnice
Dabbler

"Whole of Plusnet broadband down"?  Even if it were (which it wasn't), why would that cause someone to forget to reset my circuit?

MattyC
Champion
Fixes: 46

We'd certainly aim to have some form of notification either through our service status, or social media if "the whole of Plusnet was down".

Btw, I can see that this looks like it was sorted for you this morning through a profile change. Let me know if you're still having issues if not. Apologies for the poor experience.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
johnwnice
Dabbler

It's working satisfactorily now, thank you.  But following yesterday evening, when Plusnet Mobile telephoned me to ask how many SIMs I had ordered (really!), I'm beginning to sympathise with those people who interpret your slogan slightly differently.

John

MattyC
Champion
Fixes: 46

That's odd, and I'll feed that back. Glad to hear it's working to expectations now too.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet