Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to page down webmail

FIXED
Weystoner1
Grafter
Fixes: 2

How to page down webmail

Please help - I have gone over my mailbox size limit and have to delete emails.  I want to target unwanted emails but I can't find how to page up or down my email list in webmail  (I'm on IMAP and can't permanently delete from my local server).  The scroll wheel, up/down keys and page up/down keys all just move approximately one and a half pages of emails, obviously not enough for me to find the ones out of the total of the nearly three thousand that I want to delete. 

All help most gratefully received.

7 REPLIES 7
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: How to page down webmail

Hi @Weystoner1,

I don't think you can scroll in the way that you're describing - however, the headers/arrows at the top of the email page will allow you to "sort" by size/date etc if this helps?

If you're running out of space, I would recommend sorting via largest email size first and targeting the emails that are using the most space.

Best wishes

Dave

RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Fix
You can change how many emails to display on a single page in the settings.
Click on settings, then in Section select Mailbox view. Just change the number in “rows per page” to whatever you think you need (try to keep it below 200 as it might slow down the loading time).
To get to other pages click the “play” icon next to the message total, which appears bottom right of the window.
That's RPM to you!!
Weystoner1
Grafter

Thanks Randall, but I've already sorted by size and deleted the largest emails.  I now want to target emails from specific sources, so I need to sort alphabetically; obviously Facebook (for instance) is not going to be on the top page.

Weystoner1
Grafter

Thanks for the tip re page size RPM.  However, I can't find a 'play' icon bottom right or anywhere else.

Hang on, just found it: the icon doesn't show up, but I passed the mouse over the area to the right of the total and the cursor arrow changed to a pointing finger.  No idea why the icon is hidden, but you obviously have hidden talents (arf arf)!  Many thanks.  

RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

That’s good you found it if it’s hidden for you. It really should be there and the back page too (just to the left of the message count). Either it is not loading the icons properly or something in your browser is blocking it.
That's RPM to you!!
Weystoner1
Grafter

It's probably the browser: I'm still using Explorer for my PlusNet login (don't ask).  I'll change today to Edge and see what happens.

Weystoner1
Grafter

Arrows show up on Edge - many thanks for your help.