cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a fault reported?

jes

How to get a fault reported?

My fibre broadband stopped working this morning. I've done all the usual restarts and it is clearly a fault with the incoming line. Is it coincidence that a flock of Openreach vans were in the street next door yesterday? Maybe, but how do I get PlusNet to do a line check and confirm if it is an exchange problem and escalate to Openreach to resolve? 

This is not the first time Openreach would have messed up - a couple of years ago they took my connection and gave it to a neighbour by mistake. It took a few days of persistence from the call centre to get it resolved. But now we don't have a call centre. Where do I go for help?

7 REPLIES 7
storzmonster
Hooked

Re: How to get a fault reported?

Hi, mine has also stopped working this morning - tried resetting everything but no good - daughter needs its working for school on Monday - anyone got any ideas or help etc?

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

storzmonster
Hooked

Thanks, I tried that but the chat never loaded just sat on the “few moments screen” - I’ve had my routers turned off for about 30 minutes, just turned them back on and the connection is back 🤷🏻‍♂️
jes

Similar experience to 'storzmonster' that the line has now reconnected when restarting the modem (again).

I have my suspicions still about the circling BT Openreach vans up the road.

I moved to PlusNet for the service and the ability to talk to somebody at the help centre, I appreciate the quick response from the Help Team but all the guides are for ADSL broadband and not fibre and it has been a frustrating 3 hours. It would be nice if we could do a simple line integrity check at the outset.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@Gel  I would have thought that with your frequent participation in the forum you would have realised that Online Chat has been almost totally withdrawn apart from possibly some sales activity. In their infinite wisdom PlusNet have left active inks to chat even though it is not working for most categories so causing more aggravation for customers.☹️

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@RealAleMadrid 

I posted similarly two days ago but he's still doing it.  🙄

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
storzmonster
Hooked

Update - although ok for a while I’ve encountered multiple loss of connections today and over the course of the last 2 weeks I’m finding myself rebooting everything at least once a day - anyone able to help or check my connection etc?Huh