cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check for network outage or fault in area?

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Re: How to check for network outage or fault in area?

Hello @afameen

Please accept our apologies for the continuous issues that are on your line at the moment. The fault remains open on our suppliers side and I've just rejected the clear notification on there, as an RRT is still showing issues on the line, and speeds are continuing to fluctuate quite a lot.

We're just waiting for a further update from our suppliers now but I suspect another engineer appointment will need to be arranged.

You'll be able to both mnitor and comment on the open fault ticket for direct comms with our Tech Support Team.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
afameen
Dabbler

cool thnaks, another question why was i put on a new 12 month contract when i moved house? i had an 18 month contract that was written off and a new 12 month taken out. Nothing was said about this over the phone

afameen
Dabbler

@adam945 Also i dont know if this affects anything but i see on the ticket they refer to these speeds as what im guaranteed. Its not correct. My min guaranteed is supposed to be 39.1 and download range 43-56mb.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @afameen,

I'm sorry to hear that there's been some confusion regarding the contract. I can see that an email had been sent to you about this in October, which can also be accessed via the Member Centre here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
afameen
Dabbler

Just spoke to plusnet and BT, basically I have to cancel with plusnet first and then BT will cover any termination charge up to 300 pounds. But the amount is credited to your BT account to use for your bill and is not given as cash.

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 48

@afameen 

This doesn't sound like previous practice. It's normally led by the new ISP who cancel the line with your current provider and take it over. Normally cancelling with your current provider causes problems with the order.

However, the procesure for FTTP may be different as a new "fibre" cable has to be run which doesn't affect the existing copper line (until the day of install when o/h lines will be replaced). My u/g copper phone line is still in situe.

Given that the checker results also listed a potential problem with a congested duct then your install date may not be guarenteed so how can you canel with PlusNet.

Brian

afameen
Dabbler

I will double check. BT said i have to send them my Plusnet bill after cancellation (with termination charge) and then email it to them and proceed with my BT order. 

Im hoping the duct isnt a huge issue and can be easily cleared. 

bmc
Hero

@afameen 

Make sure you get it in writing!

The congested duct may be something, may be nothing. Until they actually try to run a cable they won't know. It's a pre warning to engineers it might be not be straight forward.

When my local network was installed, the engineers checked every duct they could get easy access to. They didn't spend time trying. Five ducts were clear with a draw rope left in place and two they couldn't get quick access. On the checker the message was either "provan clear" or "not provan". With one of the not provans an engineer was tasked with putting a draw rope in place before the actual install - didn't see the other.

Brian

afameen
Dabbler

@bmc i checked again with BT and you were right. I misunderstood the first time. I do the order through them and they will sort out the cancellation then after paying the termination charge you email them the statement to get your credit.

Are you still with Plusnet and have FTTP or did you switch?

bmc
Hero

@afameen 

So long as you get it in writing!

I'm on PlusNet FTTP. They had a long running FTTP Trial for existing customers. While it closed to new entrants at least 30 months ago those on the Trial were allowed to continue using it. We can't up or down grade and cannot re-contract to take advantage of any offers going.

Brian

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for getting back to us @afameen

While BT may be able to cover the termination fees we charge in your final bill, if you're moving to BT for FTTP we'd be able waive these fees in the first instance, so you wouldn't have to claim the money back.

Did you speak with our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@afameen  If you did contact Customer Options it would seem that whoever you spoke to was unaware of the procedure to leave Plusnet and move to BT, there should be no need to have to reclaim termination fees as confirmed by @Gandalf 

afameen
Dabbler

@Gandalf  awesome, will call again today and try sort this out. Thanks all 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Cool. No problem @afameen let me know how it goes

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
afameen
Dabbler

@Gandalf Sorted out everything, I phoned again and this time Plusnet put me through to BT and i signed up from there. He did say he will waive the termination fees. Do I phone Plusnet again when my BT line goes live? Forgot what the guy told me to do.